Community Partner Overview
Our Community Partners have access to a wide variety of services and resources through the Office of Leadership and Community Engagement. Contact us to talk about the exciting programs we coordinate!
Community Partner is defined as a public, non-profit, or volunteer organization with a stated mission to address one or more identified community needs and that has specific expertise for addressing issues related to that need. A Community Partner may also be a for-profit organization awarded public funding to address a specific community need (such as a section 8 housing community, or private hospital, hospice, or nursing home that accepts public funding).
To become a Community Partner, public agencies or non-profit organizations are invited to complete an annual self-assessment, keeping our office current on your mission and work. Faculty and students can use these reports to explore service and service-learning opportunities. Agency documents are refreshed each summer for the following academic year.
A list of community partners, by county, with contact information and web links, can be found by clicking on the tabs above.
Community Partner benefits:
- Access to faculty and student expertise and resources
- Recipient of projects that support/enhance the organizational mission
- Support to navigate university resources
- Waived fee to attend Boro Browse/Savannah Browse
- Access to on-campus meeting rooms
- Opportunity to be a BUILD site! (Bulloch County Partners Only)
- Opportunity to gain long-term volunteers
Community Partner responsibilities:
- Complete annual renewal form
- Provide access to meaningful service opportunities
- Provide a safe work environment
- Provide answers to assist in successful project completion
Leadership Office responsibilities:
- Provide limited background checks
- Help community partners connect with faculty and student expertise
- Inform students of volunteer opportunities with community partners
- Assist community partner in detecting potential projects
- Ensure avenue for feedback before, during, and after service-learning project
Agencies who wish to be included in this self-assessment program and become one of our Community Partners,
should email Urkovia Andrews at email@example.com.
Last updated: 1/22/2021