BUILD Important Info
The $175 fee can be paid by Cash, Check, eCheck, Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover. Checks can be made out to Georgia Southern University. Please do not mail cash.
Cancellations will be accepted until June 30. After June 30, no refunds will be available.
- BUILD begins on Sunday at 12pm
- BUILD will end Thursday by 3:30pm
- $175 fee includes all equipment, food, transportation, lodging, and leaders.
- Participants can check-in on Sunday from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. On-campus housing accommodations for students will be provided.
Student check-in for BUILD will take place Sunday from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. at a campus Residence Hall. Specific information about check-in will come in a confirmation letter e-mailed to each participant upon registration.
Important Information & Directions for BUILD Participants
Participants will need to complete the following forms:
University Waiver (18+) OR University Waiver (Under 18)
CRI Waiver (18+) OR CRI Waiver (Under 18)
Habitat Waiver (18+) OR Habitat Waiver (Under 18)
Participants will be staying in a Residence Hall during BUILD. This residence hall is an apartment style residence hall. BUILDers will have their own room and will share a bathroom with another participant of the same gender. BUILDers will need to bring a sleeping bag and/or linens for the mattress, as well as toiletries. A specific ‘What to Bring’ list will be mailed with BUILDer confirmation letters.
What Service Activities will I be doing:
BUILD will provide several different service opportunities. Students will spend their days working with local community agencies to help make their volunteering experiences in the Statesboro community complete. Examples of activities include: construction projects, landscaping, and painting local non-profit agency buildings. There will be a lot of physical building and relationship building. It will be hot, and we’ll be outside for the majority of the work, so please pack appropriately, and be ready to make a difference!
- Jodi Kennedy, Director
- John Banter, Associate Director
- Urkovia Andrews, Assistant Director for Service Learning
- Kira Jatoft, Assistant Director for Sustainability and Leadership
- Emily Tanner, Coordinator of Community Engagement
- Kasie Thompson, Coordinator of Alternative Breaks
- Lexi Booth, Leadership Educator
- Rachel West, Coordinator of Leadership and Community Engagement (Armstrong Campus)
- Cassie Corbin, Administrative Assistant II
Last updated: 5/8/2023