Food Insecurity Resources
The Dean of Students Office has two resources based on campus location which are designed to help support students experiencing food insecurity.
The Captain’s Cupboard on the Armstrong and Liberty Center locations is a resource that helps students who are in need of supplementary food items, hygiene products, and menstrual products. This initiative was started through a donation made to the Armstrong location and can only serve students, faculty, and staff on the Armstrong and Liberty campuses.
An Eagle Essentials Food Pantry on the Statesboro campus has been established in the Dean of Students Office. Students who attend courses on any campus can request to access resources on the Statesboro location. Please below for information about how to request access for these resources.
Requesting Access to Pantries
The Captain’s Cupboard, those that are in need of the food program will begin by completing a new client request form. Once approved, the individual will be contacted and be eligible to pick up a bag of food on scheduled days.
The Eagle Essentials Food Pantry, those that are in need of access to the pantry will begin by completing a pantry request form. Once the form is received the student will be contacted and a pick up time will be coordinated.
How Do I Know If I Am Eligible?
Do you identify with any of the statements below? If so, please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance.
- I am skipping meals due to lack of funding.
- I worry that my food will run out before I get money to buy more.
- I have had to choose to pay bills or obtain shelter (and other basic needs) instead of eating regularly.
- I have lost weight because I do not have enough money for food.
- I am homeless or recently became homeless.
- I have recently lost my job or have experienced loss of hours.
- I have experienced a life altering event that has affected my ability to purchase staple food items.
- My family is experiencing hardship and is unable to provide staple food items.
- I am struggling in my course work due to hunger.
We understand that everyone’s situation is different, and everyone has different needs. Any questions can be directed to the contacts listed below. Our goal is to support you during your time of need as a food program and connect you to other campus and community resources.
I Want To Donate
Donations are always greatly appreciated to help all programs continue to operate. If you wish to donate dry or can goods to the pantry, please bring those to the Dean of Students Office on either campus.
Armstrong and Liberty Center contact by email email@example.com and phone 912-344-2514. When calling ask to speak with Cherie Gaume.
Statesboro contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org and phone 912-478-3326. When calling ask to speak with Casey Weaver.
Please note that we cannot take any items that are expired, opened, or missing labels.
Last updated: 5/27/2021