Volunteer and Track Hours
Thank you for your interest in volunteering! Here you can find a list of community partners that would love to have Georgia Southern students volunteer with them. Scroll down to see instructions for requesting a background check.
How to Log Your Volunteer Hours
Not everything you submit will be approved. Please review the Guidelines for information on what can and cannot be counted as volunteer hours. More detailed instructions are available below the image.
See below for a more detailed walkthrough of the process. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance!
|Step 1: Log into your Georgia Southern account at my.georgiasouthern.edu.|
|Step 2: In the middle column under “Campus Life” select “MyInvolvement”.|
|Step 3: Navigate to “Organization” in the header menu and then search for and join the organization where you wish to log your hours. *If you are logging service hours and are not completing them for a specific organization, search for and join the Office of Leadership and Community Engagement. This ensures that your hours will be reviewed and approved.* Once joined proceed to Step 4.|
|Step 4: At the very top of your page click the top right icon and in the drop down list select “Service Hours”.|
|Step 5: Click the +Add Service Hours icon and select the Office of Leadership and Community Engagement as your organization.|
|Step 6: Follow the steps on the “Add Service Hours” page to properly request credit for your service hours. You MUST provide at least a one-sentence description of your service activities, as well as a verification contact, or your hours will be denied and you will be asked to resubmit them. Review the guidelines listed at the top of this page for further clarification.|
Organization: Office of Leadership and Community Engagement
Description: I volunteered at the Statesboro Library through the Serve912 trip on Monday. We swept the floors, wiped down tables and chairs, organized books on shelves, and placed books back on shelves.
Verification Contact: email@example.com
How to apply for a Background Check
Georgia Southern students may request a background check through Human Resources. Many local organizations require background checks for volunteers. Please follow the instructions below to request yours! (Please note, these background checks are only available for students.)
1) To request a background check, click here.
2) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the information for your background check.
3) Enter the email address that you check most frequently.
4) Use your full legal name.
5) Enter the information below in the designated sections on the application.
– GASOU: Human Resources
– Cost Center: Volunteer
– Dept ID: 0430501
– Dept Description: Leadership & Comm Engage
6) You will be setting up an account through Accurate’s website that you can log back into 3 to 5 days after completing the above steps to get your background check. Be sure to keep your password.
7) Your background check will be available for 90 days. After 90 days, you will need to call Accurate’s Service Center at 800.216.8024 to obtain a copy.
8) If you have any questions, please reach out to Accurate’s Service Center. The in-portal chat function is open 24/7, or you can call 800.216.8024.
Last updated: 6/5/2020