Why is it important to recycle batteries?
Battery recycling offers a safe and environmentally responsible solution for end of life batteries. Certain types of batteries contain toxic heavy metals such as lead, cadmium and mercury. As batteries start to break down in landfill these heavy metals can leach into surface and groundwater.
Have Old Batteries?
There are 13 drop off locations for your old batteries, all located on the Statesboro campus. Check them out below!
Benefits of Battery Recycling
- Reduction in waste sent to landfills
- Rechargeable batteries contain toxic heavy metal and recycling batteries limits toxic metal leaching
- Conservation of natural resources, such as metals and minerals
- Helps prevent pollution by reducing the need to collect new, raw materials
- Saves energy spent on refining virgin materials
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to global climate change
Last updated: 3/23/2023