Treasure Savannah | Saturday, September 22, 2018
Treasure Savannah is an Armstrong Campus day of service that celebrates Armstrong’s long and rich history in Savannah. Join hundreds of students, staff and faculty to learn about the issues facing our city, to give back to our community and to build connections between Georgia Southern students and the surrounding community.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call at 912.344.2652, for more information.
|7:15 a.m.||Check-in||Student Union Residential Plaza|
|8:00 a.m.||Program Welcome & Group Photo||Front of Student Union|
|8:30 a.m.||Buses Depart Campus for Project Sites||Sports Center Parking Lot|
|9:00 a.m.||Treasure Savannah Day of Service||Sites throughout Savannah
(See Descriptions Below)
|11:30 a.m.||Buses Depart Project Sites|
|12:00 p.m.||Luncheon||Student Union Savannah Ballroom|
Spring 2018 Savannah Site Descriptions
- Skidaway Island State Park (Environmental Preservation): Volunteers will assist in clean up and potential paint projects.
- Keep Savannah Beautiful (Community Development): Proposed volunteer project will be to spruce up a neighborhood park.
- Hoofs 4 Healing (Animal Assisted Therapy): Volunteers will serve around the property buildings with painting, land scaping and building horse obstacles.
- Salvation Army (Homeless Community Members): Volunteers will assist in the warehouse, store, and kitchen with organization, cleaning, food pantry organization and more.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore (Neighborhood/Community Development): Volunteers will help organize the ReStore store and support the staff in a variety of tasks.
- Georgia Regional Hospital Savannah (Mental Health & Care): Volunteers will be assisting in brightening up a few of the Treatment Mall walls with a new coat of paint. By adding color to the building walls you’ll bring a sense of hope and excitement to their mental health patients when they start the new quarter of group sessions back in that building.
- Second Harvest (Food Insecurity): Volunteers will be sorting various food items, and packing care packages.
- Armstrong Housing Project (Campus Community Development): Volunteers will serve on campus, cleaning up around the breezeways, and may also help with landscaping and painting.
Spring 2018 Liberty Center Site Descriptions
- Liberty Humane Shelter (Animal Activism): Volunteers will be organizing stock room, bathing animals, and cleaning kennels.
- Keeping Liberty Beautiful (Community Development): Volunteers will help with landscaping and cleanup throughout the community.
- Hinesville Downtown Development Authority (Downtown Revitalization): Volunteers will assist with various projects such as set-up at the Small World Festival, spruce up around Doggy Park, and assist with manning the water and timing stations at the 5K Run.
- Liberty County Manna House (Homeless Community Members/Food Insecurity): Volunteers will assist with the distribution of clothing and perishable foods along with assisting to organize the warehouse, food pantry, kitchen and more.
- Georgia Southern – Liberty Campus (Campus Community Development): Volunteers will serve around the campus with landscaping and clean up projects.
Last updated: 7/3/2018