Joining a Chapter
In order to join a fraternity or sorority at Georgia Southern University, individuals must meet one of the following requirements:
- Incoming freshmen must have a 2.75 or higher high school GPA, as calculated by the Georgia Southern University Office of Admissions. This GPA is based on the Required High School Curriculum. This is NOT the final high school GPA listed on your transcript or your HOPE GPA. Before registering for any recruitment process, we encourage you to check your GPA using your online Admissions Status Check Page.
- Current students with an established GPA may register for a recruitment process during their undergraduate collegiate career with a Georgia Southern overall GPA of 2.50 or higher based on at least 12 or more credits. Transfer students with an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher based on at least 12 or more credits may also register for a recruitment process.
As you’re looking at your membership options, please keep in mind that some chapters may have higher GPA requirement for membership. This requirement applies to both the Statesboro and Armstrong campus.
Green Zone = Your options are not likely limited based on your GPA. (3.0 + )
Yellow Zone = Your options are more likely to be limited by your GPA. (2.8 – 2.99)
Red Zone = Your options are very likely to be limited based on GPA. (2.79 and below)
Below are some additional pieces of information regarding eligibility:
- East Georgia students are not eligible to join fraternities.
- Students enrolled in the Georgia Tech program at Georgia Southern are eligible to join fraternities.
- Grade requirements and hours are verified through the University.
- Organizations can recruit members each semester, skip semesters, or participate once every other year. It is the decision of the individual fraternity or sorority when to accept members.
- Dual-enrollment students are NOT eligible to join fraternities or sororities
Interfraternity Council (IFC) Recruitment
- Fall Recruitment
- Spring Recruitment
National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
Panhellenic Association (PHA)
- Primary Recruitment
- Spring Recruitment
Last updated: 1/12/2018