Joining a Chapter
In order to join a fraternity or sorority at Georgia Southern University, individuals must meet one of the following requirements:
- Incoming freshmen must have a 2.75 or higher high school GPA, as calculated by the Georgia Southern University Office of Admissions. This GPA is based on the Required High School Curriculum. This is NOT the final high school GPA listed on your transcript or your HOPE GPA. Before registering for any recruitment process, we encourage you to check your GPA using your online Admissions Status Check Page.
- Current students with an established GPA may register for a recruitment process during their undergraduate collegiate career with a Georgia Southern overall GPA of 2.50 or higher based on at least 12 or more credits. Transfer students with an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher based on at least 12 or more credits may also register for a recruitment process.
As you’re looking at your membership options, please keep in mind that some chapters may have higher GPA requirements for membership. This requirement applies to both the Statesboro and Armstrong campuses.
If you have any questions about your academic eligibility you can contact Chandler Tate who serves as our Admission Liaison. You can reach Chandler via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green Zone = Your options are not likely limited based on your GPA. (3.0 + )
Yellow Zone = Your options are more likely to be limited by your GPA. (2.8 – 2.99)
Red Zone = Your options are very likely to be limited based on GPA. (2.79 and below)
Below are some additional pieces of information regarding eligibility:
- East Georgia students are not eligible to join a fraternity or sorority on either campus (Armstrong/Statesboro).
- Savannah State University students are not eligible to join fraternity or sorority on either campus (Armstrong/Statesboro).
- Students enrolled in the EAGLE Academy are not eligible to join a fraternity or sorority
- Dual-enrollment students are NOT eligible to join a fraternity or sorority
- Students enrolled in the Georgia Tech program at Georgia Southern are eligible to join a fraternity or sorority
- Grade requirements and hours are verified through the University.
- Organizations can recruit members each semester, skip semesters, or participate once every other year. It is the decision of the individual fraternity or sorority when to accept members.
- Students must be enrolled in a four years seeking program
- Currently enrolled Georgia Southern students can only join chapters on their designated primary campus. For example, if a student’s primary campus is Georgia Southern – Armstrong Campus, they are only eligible to join one of the established organizations on that campus. They are not eligible to join one of the organizations established at the Statesboro campus. This will be based on the primary campus identified by the student at the time of admission.
Interfraternity Council (IFC) Recruitment
- Fall Recruitment
- Spring Recruitment
Multicultural Greek Council (MGC)
National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
- Membership Intake Process
- NPHC Convocation (Fall Semester)
- NPHC Convocation (Spring Semester)
Panhellenic Association (PHA)/(CPH)
- Primary Recruitment
- Spring Recruitment (Not all chapters)
Last updated: 1/25/2023