PHA Primary Recruitment
Primary Recruitment Information
Panhellenic chapters host Primary Recruitment one week before school starts each fall semester. Recruitment 2021 will begin on August 2nd with Potential New Members (PNM) move into their assigned residence hall. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Registration for recruitment is now open. Click here to register!
Sororities Participating in Panhellenic Primary Recruitment
Below is a list of sororities that will be participating in Panhellenic Primary Recruitment:
The sororities listed below do not participate in Panhellnic Primary Recruitment, rather they have a formal intake process. If you are interested in this organization please follow the links above to their websites to find contact information.
In order to join a fraternity or sorority at Georgia Southern University, individuals must meet one of the following requirements:
- Incoming freshmen must have a 2.75 or higher high school GPA, as calculated by the Georgia Southern University Office of Admissions. This GPA is based on the Required High School Curriculum. This is NOT the final high school GPA listed on your transcript or your HOPE GPA. Before registering for any recruitment process, we encourage you to check your GPA using your online Admissions Status Check Page.
- Current students with an established GPA may register for a recruitment process during their undergraduate collegiate career with a Georgia Southern overall GPA of 2.50 or higher based on at least 12 or more credits. Transfer students with an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher based on at least 12 or more credits may also register for a recruitment process.
If you have any questions about your academic eligibility you can contact Aubrey Garrido who services as our Admission Liasion. You can reach Aubrey via emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Green Zone = Your options are not likely limited based on your GPA. (3.0+)
- Yellow Zone = Your options are more likely to be limited by your GPA. (2.8 – 2.99)
- Red Zone = Your options are very likely to be limited based on GPA. (2.79 and below)
Please keep in mind that some chapters may have a higher GPA requirement for membership.
Additional Eligibility Information
Below are some additional pieces of information regarding eligibility:
- East Georgia students are NOT eligible to join fraternity or sorority.
- Students enrolled in the EAGLE Academy are NOT eligible to join a fraternity or sorority.
- Students enrolled in the Georgia Tech program at Georgia Southern ARE eligible to join a fraternity or sorority
- Dual-enrollment students are NOT eligible to join a fraternity or sorority
Lastly, current enrolled Georgia Southern students can only join chapters on their designated primary campus. For example, if a student’s primary campus is Georgia Southern – Armstrong Campus, they are only eligible to join one of the established organizations on that campus. They are not eligible to join one of the organizations established at the Statesboro campus. This will be based on the primary campus identified by the student at the time of admission.
SOAR Attendance Requirement
Incoming freshmen interested in participating in Panhellenic Primary Recruitment must attend one of the SOAR sessions listed below:
- Wednesday, June 2
- Monday, June 14
- Wednesday, June 23
- Wednesday, July 7
- Wednesday, July 14
- Saturday, July 17
- Thursday, July 22
Transfer & Non-Traditional Students interested in participating in Panhellenic Primary Recruitment must attend one of the SOAR sessions listed below:
- Friday, June 25
- Friday, July 9
- Thursday, July 29
International Students will NOT be able to participate in Panhellnic Primary Recruitment since their SOAR sessions takes place on August 5 & 6, 2021.
Note: Sessions will open up on a rolling basis. Earlier admits are encouraged to come to earlier sessions.
Here is a general schedule for Fall 2021 Recruitment to help you prepare for recruitment:
- Monday, August 2, 2021
- Potential New Members move-in into University Housing
- Tuesday, August 3, 2021
- Round One – Ice Break Day One
- Wednesday, August 4, 2021
- Round One – Ice Break Day Two | Potential New Members submit selections
- Thursday, August 5, 2021
- Round Two – Philanthropy
- Friday, August 6, 2021
- Round Three – Sisterhood
- Saturday, August 7, 2021
- Round Four – Preference
- Sunday, August 8, 2021
- Bid Day
There will be a registration fee for Panhellenic Primary Recruitment of $85.00. This fee includes supplies, equipment, and technology used to execute recruitment. For those individuals that will be living in University Housing there will be an early move-in fee of $25 per day for four days of early arrival so the total move-in fee will be $100 charged by University Housing at a later date.
All recruitment fees, as well as early move-in fees, are not refundable once registration applications have been submitted, no exceptions will be made.
**REGISTRATION FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE **
Letter of Recommendation
At Georgia Southern University letters of recommendation are NOT required. If you choose to obtain letters please click here to determine where to send the letters. Please do not send letters to the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life, letters are submitted directly to the chapters or their national organization.
Where will I live during Primary Recruitment?
Women living on campus will move into their residence hall they have been assigned for the year. PHA will work with University Housing to coordinate check-in and move in. Early move-in will take place on August 2nd. If you do not have a housing contract with Georgia Southern we are unable to offer campus housing during the time of recruitment. Please work with your off-campus property to determine alternative plans.
A few questions that you may still be wondering about are listed below, a great time to ask these questions are during SOAR sessions!
- If I sign up for recruitment I am obligated to join a sorority.
- I only want to be in one certain sorority.
- I heard that some sororities have a certain reputation.
- What qualities are sororities looking for?
- I am a legacy to a sorority, what else should I know?
- What if I do not like the sorority I join?
- I heard that recruitment week is stressful.
And for More Commonly asked Questions about Sorority Recruitment click HERE
Last updated: 7/26/2021