IFC – Statesboro Recruitment
Thank you for your interest in fraternity life at Georgia Southern – Statesboro Campus!
The Interfraternity Council (IFC) holds recruitment in early September and in early February. During recruitment week, prospective members have the opportunity to interact with individuals from each fraternity.
Fall Semester: August 28 – September 1, 2023
Spring Semester: TBD
The GPA to register for recruitment is a 2.75 or higher high school GPA, as calculated by the Georgia Southern University Office of Admissions. This GPA is based on the Required High School Curriculum. This is NOT the final high school GPA listed on your transcript or your HOPE GPA. Before registering for recruitment, you can check your GPA using your online Admissions Status Check Page.
Current students with an established GPA may register for recruitment during their undergraduate collegiate career with a Georgia Southern GPA of 2.50 or higher based on at least 12 or more credits.
Transfer students with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher based on at least 12 or more credits may also register for Primary Recruitment. As you’re looking at your membership options, please keep in mind that some chapters may have a higher GPA requirement for membership.
If you have any questions about your academic eligibility you can contact Zachary Hagan, who serves as our Admission Liasion. You can reach Zachary via email at email@example.com.
To be eligible to join an IFC fraternity, you should:
- Identify as a male student
- Be enrolled at Georgia Southern’s -Statesboro Campus or the Georgia Tech program at Georgia Southern
- Meet grade requirements and hours verified through the university
- Register for and participate in the recruitment process
- Pay a $10 non-refundable participation fee at the time of registration
- East Georgia and Savannah State students are not eligible to join fraternities
- Students enrolled in the EAGLE Academy are not eligible to join a fraternity
- Dual-enrollment students are not eligible to join fraternities
- Organizations can recruit members each semester, skip semesters, or participate once every other year. It is the decision of the individual fraternity when to accept members
Questions? Connect with IFC…
Last updated: 1/26/2022