When To Refer
It can be difficult to determine when help is needed. Here are some general guidelines for when a referral to CARE may be needed.
- If your efforts to manage a significant behavioral issue have not resolved the issue.
- If the behavior is unusual or abnormal from what you know of the person.
- If you are concerned about the welfare of an individual, yourself, or others.
- If the individual’s behavior is starting to impact others’ ability to live and learn on campus.
- If you have referred an individual to CARE in the past and there seems to be no improvement or behavior seems to be worsening.
Referrals can be made for any GS student. Each report is handled as sensitively and confidentially as possible. Only those who need to assist in helping will be made aware of details as needed. If you are unsure if you should report, please contact the Dean of Students Office at 912-478-3326 or email@example.com for the Statesboro campus or 912-344-2514 or firstname.lastname@example.org for the Armstrong and Liberty campuses.
Last updated: 11/28/2023