Student Wellness & Health Promotion is committed to the engagement and support of Georgia Southern students and we are here to serve you. In response to the current circumstances presented by COVID-19 and recommendations by the CDC as well as the University System of Georgia, we are reducing the amount of in-office staff who are physically on our campuses in Savannah and Statesboro, but still maintaining all communication and contact with those in need of our department’s services/support. Please use our department email directory and/or phone to reach us for any needs. Again, we are committed to the success of every Georgia Southern student and will continue doing so regardless of the challenges ahead.
We can be reached via Facebook @GSswhp, 912-478-1283, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your health and wellbeing plays a critical role in your ability to succeed on and off campus. Student Wellness & Health Promotion strives to help students identify positive behaviors and coping strategies related to Emotional Wellbeing, Physical Wellbeing, Interpersonal Violence, and more. Through interacting with our office, programs and peer educators, we feel students will be able to learn life-long strategies for living a healthy lifestyle.
The mission of the Office of Student Wellness & Health Promotion is to foster a culture of wellness that champions an environment focused on the whole person, whole educational experience, and whole institution resulting in shared responsibility for the entire campus.
The Office of Student Wellness & Health Promotion seeks to create an environment in which all students can thrive.
- Create a culture of wellness based on the Social Ecological Model
- Develop partnerships within the campus and community to support a culture of wellness on campus.
- Utilize Peer Education as a primary form of changing or influencing behavior change on campus.
- Implement evidence-based programs and best practices related to Public Health.
The Health Education and Promotion Department provides a number of services to accommodate the needs of our students. Our services include:
- What You Get for Your Health Fee
- Management of Peer Education
- Health Education Resource Library
- Healthy Lifestyle Consultations
- Health and Wellness Curriculum