Who Are We?
We are a group of students with special interest in helping others build a healthy lifestyle. We serve the Student Wellness & Health Promotion department through planning and promoting programs for students to improve wellbeing. We actively engage in wellbeing programs to build skills to be effective peer leaders on campus. We work to empower our fellow eagles to make well-informed decisions about their wellbeing and positively influence a healthy campus culture.
What does a Wellness Ambassador do?
- Take the lead role in the marketing and developments that advocate the Wellness Program
- Assist in the planning and implementation of wellness events, activities, and programs
- Be advocates for wellness programming for both University and community support
- Identify wellness issues and potential solutions
- Be a catalyst for wellness program ideas and marketing
- Actively participate and recruit others for wellness activities and programs
Benefits of becoming a Wellness Ambassador
- Develop peer, professional, and cross-campus relationships
- Develop skills for effective collaboration, communication, and compromise
- Provide service to the Georgia Southern community
- Develop programming and marketing skills and strategies
- Plan and facilitate events
- Be part of a diverse group of motivated people
- Have a direct impact on the campus community and its overall wellness
- A Wellness Ambassador t-shirt
- Opportunities to interact with and learn from skilled and knowledgeable identities from the local, state, national and international community
Last updated: 4/15/2022