Readers turned to us more than 2 million times last year. The George-Anne Media Group isn’t your parents’ student newspaper.
Students have the first and last word on news coverage and content of all George-Anne Media Group outlets. That’s part of the reason why nobody reaches the Georgia Southern University community like we do. Our email newsletter was opened 1.8 million times in 2020-2021. Our website was visited more than 370,000 times. Behind those big numbers are many efforts to engage students every day.
On the Statesboro campus, we engage students through:
- The George-Anne Statesboro edition in print every other Thursday during the fall and spring semesters.
- Daily news articles from The George-Anne, daily features from The George-Anne Reflector, daily engaging videos from The George-Anne Studio, photography from the Creative Division and content from the Deep Dive Division at thegeorgeanne.com.
- New in fall 2021: Your Newsroom, a daily video news service with a weekly news show.
- The George-Anne Daily email newsletter five days a week.
- The Deep Dive email newsletter, focused on diversity, equity and inclusion, once a week.
- Every Thursday, our video staff produces segments in and around the Russell Union.
- The Reflector feature magazine once per semester.
On the Armstrong and Liberty campuses, we engage students through:
- The George-Anne Inkwell edition in print every Thursday during the fall and spring semesters.
- The weekly George-Anne Inkwell Edition email newsletter.
- Updates at thegeorgeanne.com/inkwell