Readers turned to us more than 2 million times last year. The George-Anne Media Group isn’t your parents’ student newspaper.
BREAKING NEWS: George-Anne Media Group wins top prize in college journalism! Details
Students have the first and last word on news coverage and content of all George-Anne Media Group outlets. That’s part of the reason why nobody reaches the Georgia Southern University community like we do. Our email newsletter was opened 2.6 million times in the year ended May 11, 2023. Our website was visited more than 400,000 times. Behind those big numbers are many efforts to engage students every day.
On the Statesboro campus, we engage students through:
- The George-Anne Statesboro Edition in print monthly during the fall and spring semesters.
- Daily news articles from The George-Anne, daily features from The George-Anne Reflector, daily engaging videos from George-Anne Films, photography from the Creative Division and content from the Deep Dive Division at thegeorgeanne.com.
- Your Newsroom, a daily video news service with a weekly news show.
- Email newsletter five days a week when classes are in session, including the weekly Deep Dive email newsletter, focused on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Every Thursday, our video staff produces segments in and around the Russell Union.
- The Reflector feature magazine once per semester.
On the Armstrong and Liberty campuses, we engage students through:
- The George-Anne Inkwell edition in print monthly during the fall and spring semesters.
- The twice-weekly George-Anne Inkwell Edition email newsletter.
- Updates at thegeorgeanne.com/inkwell