John F. Nolen Scholarship
*Applications for the 2015-2016 are currently closed, but will be opened soon.*
Conditions of the Scholarship
- The scholarship is based on academic performance and involvement in co-curricular activities at Georgia Southern University.
- Only extra-curricular activities participated at Georgia Southern University will be considered.
- Applicants/recipients must be enrolled at Georgia Southern University for the entire academic year in which the awards are distributed.
- The scholarship is for undergraduate students only.
- Recipients of the scholarship will be decided by a selection committee consisting of several faculty and staff members, and student government representatives.
Criteria for Selection
- Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors are eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants for the scholarship must have earned at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale while attending Georgia Southern University.
- Applicants must have enrolled at Georgia Southern University for 2 consecutive semesters and have passed a minimum of 24 credit hours during the said semester hours.
- Applicants must have 1 individual (preferably Professor, Adviser, or other Professional Staff Member) submit a letter of recommendation. They should be turned in to the SGA Office in Russell Union 1010, or emailed as a PDF file to the SGA VP of Academic Affairs, Errol Spence, at email@example.com. Letters of recommendation submitted to the SGA Office must be sealed in an envelope and signed over the seal by the recommender.
Letters of recommendation submitted electronically must be submitted by the recommender. Electronic recommendations submitted by the applicant will not be accepted.
- Each candidate’s academic and disciplinary records will be reviewed. Therefore, each candidate must sign for a record release.
To view the John F. Nolen Scholarship application form, you must follow the link and log on to your MyInvolvement profile. Application
Last updated: 9/3/2015