How We Can Help
Does this sound like you?
- I have no idea what I’m interested in.
- My friend seems to like _____ major. Maybe I should try that?
- My mom works as a _____, so I guess I should do that too.
Engaging in self-exploration exercises may be beneficial in determining potential major or career paths.
- I’m really not sure if this major is right for me.
- I want to look into different majors, but I don’t know where to start.
- I wonder if majoring in _____ would be a good choice for me?
Major-Exploration ensures that you have access to resources to make informed decisions about academic areas of interest.
Can you relate?
- What kind of job can I get with a _____ degree?
- I know I want to go into ____, but I really don’t know what I would need to get there?
- I want to learn more about what a _____ does.
Career-Exploration activities assist you in gaining greater insight into various career fields and specific occupations.
Students looking to continue their career exploration may be encouraged to schedule an appointment with their Career Development Specialist in the Office of Career and Professional Development.
Please note that the Major and Career Exploration Center is not mental health counseling or academic advisement. If you believe that you would benefit from these resources please contact the appropriate campus resource.
Last updated: 9/7/2018