Prevention of Men’s Violence against Women Champion’s Committee
Prevention of Men’s Violence Against Women Champion’s Committee was designed to help create a cultural shift in the way we think about, talk about and act around sexual violence by doing two things:
- Establishing a sense of ownership of the problem among everyone.
- Providing tips, tools, and inspiration to empower everyone to make a difference, every day.
- To utilize social capital in an effort to reduce stigma and establish a call to action among students, faculty and staff in an effort to prevent campus sexual assault.
- To align Georgia Southern University sexual assault prevention and awareness messaging with recommended national tool kits.
- To promote awareness for future SART Campaigns.
Georgia Southern University’s Champions:
|Francisco Lugo||Greek Life|
|Jahmal Rainey||Student Services Center-COB|
|Jeff Yawn||Eagle Dining Services|
|Phil Gore||Office of Military and Veterans Affairs|
|Casey Weaver||University Housing|
|Charlie Bowen||University Police Department|
|Joel Wright||Title IX|
|Aaron Keith||Office of Multicultural Student Center|
|President Elect||Student Government Association|
|Gene Sherry||Campus Recreation & Intramurals|
|Mark Whitesel||Dean of Students|
|Ken Gassiot||Associate VP of Student Engagement/Enrollment Management|
|Jarvis Steele||SGA President|
|Spencer Demink||Executive Vice President – Armstrong Campus|
|Peter Egede||National Pan-Hellenic Council President|
Sponsoring Departments: Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) and Health Services
Last updated: 6/23/2020