Boro Browse Fall 2020
GUIDELINES FOR THE BORO BROWSE
- The event is intended to be an opportunity to provide information to students, faculty, and staff. There shall be no selling of any products or services by any vendor during the course of the Boro Browse.
- Businesses that hire Georgia Southern students for part-time employment are encouraged to bring and collect applications from interested students. There shall be no execution of any other type of agreement or contract including the signing of contracts, leaving of deposits, or the completion and acceptance of any type of applications other than job applications.
- Any form of one-to-one advertising is strongly encouraged. This may include free samples, brochures, flyers, handouts, coupons, etc.
- Each vendor will be assigned a six-foot table and two chairs. Table selection will be on a first come, first serve basis. Tables will be located outside around the Russell Union Student Center Rotunda and on the Pedestrium. There will be no tables located in the Russell Union Student Center Commons. There should be no more than two hosts/representatives at table at one time. Strict social distancing guidelines should be followed. Wearing facial coverings is strongly encouraged.
- Products, brochures, signage, etc. should be contained on the six-foot table. Any displays should fit behind the table or in the immediate area around the table (within 2-3 feet).
- Vendor check-in and set-up will occur between 10:00 a.m. and 10:50 a.m. The fair will begin promptly at 11:00 a.m.
- There will be no tables located in the Russell Union Student Center Commons. ALL participants are encouraged to bring tents to provide shelter and drinks to stay hydrated. Tents must be self-supporting (no stakes) and no larger than 10 x 10. Tents are not permitted at the Russell Union Rotunda.
- Electricity is not guaranteed. Please plan accordingly.
- Alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, drugs or any related paraphernalia are not permitted as samples or displays. The promotion of engaging in any such activity shall also be prohibited.
- Vendors are not permitted to solicit or accept credit card applications during this event.
- Georgia Southern University is not responsible for vendor materials.
- There is NO registration fee for this event.
- Off-campus vendors may request up to 2 parking permits.
- For health and safety, businesses are not permitted to cook food on site.
- Due to current CDC guidelines on social distancing, we ask that you also clean/disinfect shared resources such as pens and activities between users and wearing gloves should you decide to serve food or hand out promotional items.
- All Georgia Southern faculty, staff, students, and visitors are now required to wear an appropriate face covering while inside campus facilities/buildings where six feet social distancing may not always be possible. This means wherever you are on campus, if there’s a chance you will come within six feet of someone else, (for instance, passing one another in a hallway), face coverings must be worn. Face covering use will be in addition to, and is not a substitute for, social distancing.
Face coverings are not required in one’s own dorm room or suite, when alone in an enclosed office or study room, or in campus outdoor settings where social distancing requirements are met.
To All Vendors: Please note that the Boro Browse is sponsored by Georgia Southern University as a one-time special event restricted to the date and time specified. These activities and other promotions are not permitted on the campus of Georgia Southern University prior to or following the date and time of the scheduled event.
Last updated: 9/10/2020