‘Boro Browse Spring 2024
We are excited to invite you to participate in our Spring 2024 ‘Boro Browse on the Statesboro campus on Wednesday, January 17. The Browse gives campus departments, community businesses and non-profit agencies an opportunity to visit campus and share information about their goods and services with Georgia Southern students, staff, and faculty. It is also an excellent opportunity to directly engage with our incoming and returning students to provide them with knowledge of your business, organization, or campus department’s services.
Campus and community partners are highly encouraged to host tables with food, FUN activities, giveaways or other items that showcase your organization the best! Active and engaging booths help students remember your group and what you have to offer. *New* Selling items is now permitted. Soliciting contracts is not permitted.
GUIDELINES FOR THE BORO BROWSE
- The event is intended to be an opportunity to provide information to students, faculty, and staff. Selling products and services by vendors during the course of the ‘Boro Browse is now permitted.
- Businesses that hire Georgia Southern students for part-time employment are encouraged to bring and collect applications from interested students. There shall be no execution of any other type of agreement or contract including the signing of contracts, leaving of deposits, or the completion and acceptance of any type of applications other than job applications.
- Any form of one-to-one advertising is strongly encouraged. This may include free samples, activities, giveaways, brochures, flyers, handouts, coupons, etc.
- Each vendor will be assigned a six-foot table and two chairs. Table locations will be randomly assigned in the order in which registrations are received. Tables will be located outside at the Russell Union Rotunda.
- Products, brochures, signage, etc. should be contained on the six-foot table. Any displays should fit behind the table or in the immediate area around the table (within 2-3 feet).
- Vendor check-in and set-up will occur between 10:00 am. and 10:50 am. The fair will begin promptly at 11:00 am.
- ALL participants are encouraged to bring drinks to stay hydrated.
- Participants are encouraged to bring tents to provide shelter. Tents must be self-supporting (no stakes) and no larger than 10 x 10.
- Alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, drugs, or any related paraphernalia are not permitted as samples or displays. The promotion of engaging in any such activity is also prohibited.
- Vendors are not permitted to solicit or accept credit card applications during this event.
- Georgia Southern University is not responsible for damaged vendor materials or materials that are left behind.
- There is NO registration fee for this event.
- Off-campus vendors may request up to 2 parking permits. Permits will be emailed by Friday, January 12th, to the point of contacts listed at the time of registration.
To All Vendors: Please note that the ‘Boro Browse is sponsored by Georgia Southern University as a one-time special event restricted to the date and time specified. These activities and other promotions are not permitted on the campus of Georgia Southern University prior to or following the date and time of the scheduled event.
You will be able to register for the ‘Boro or Savannah Browse (or both events), using this link.
Applications Are Now Open!
Deadline to register is: Tuesday, January 9th at 5:00pm or when capacity is reached.
Groups with multiple functional areas or initiatives are asked to consolidate into 1-2 tables, max.
Last updated: 12/5/2023