|Rules and Regulations for Organization Fund Request|
**Failure to comply with the requirements may result in a one semester (first offense) suspension from the date of funding approval to one year (second offense) suspension from the date of funding approval to request SGA funding.**
Student Government Association Process:
- The organization will submit a completed fund request via MyInvolvement through the SGA page, under forms or at the bottom of this page.
a. All forms must be completed and submitted (Itemized budget form, signature sheet).
- The Vice President of Finance will contact the organization and set up a meeting for a representative to meet with the Financial Advisory Committee.
a. This meeting will be on a Monday night in the Williams Center Conference Room.
b. A representative of the organization will present to the FAC about the requested funds and answer any questions the committee may have.
- If the Financial Advisory Committee approves of the fund request it will move to the Senate floor for a vote.
a. If the fund request is denied by the committee the process ends there and does not proceed to the Senate floor.
- A majority vote by the Senate will constitute a decision.
- The Vice President of Finance will contact the organization in regards to the Senate decision and with further instructions.
- The organization will have two weeks post event/conference/etc. to submit receipts.
a. Receipts must be attached to a receipt form and submitted to the SGA office in the Russell Union.
Organizational Fund Request Checklist
| The organization has gone to My Involvement on My Georgia Southern and has filled out all the applications forms necessary.
Both forms must be present and completed at the Financial Advisory Meeting.
1. Signature Form
2. Itemized Budget Form
The organization has set up an appointment to meet with the Financial Advisory Committee and realizes this is a commitment.
The organization has created a presentation to explain to the Financial Advisory Committee what there fund request is.
The organization has concrete numbers to present to the Financial Advisory Committee.
|SGA Does Fund||SGA Does NOT Fund|
- How many fund requests can be submitted per semester?
An organization can submit multiple fund requests, but cannot exceed the maximum of $600.
- How are the funds distributed?
The funds are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Who is the Financial Advisory Committee?
This committee is made of representatives from all 9 colleges within the Senate.
- What is the attire for the Financial Advisory Committee Meetings?
The attire is business casual.
How to Access the Organization Funding Request Form
- Log into my.georgiasouthern.edu
- Click on MyInvolvement under Campus Life.
- Search for Student Government Association using the search tool in the upper-right corner.
- Click on the Forms tab.
- Select the Organization Funding Request link to fill out the form.
Last updated: 1/18/2018