Individual Fund Request
Statesboro Campus Individual Funding Request Form
Armstrong & Liberty Campuses Individual Funding Request Form
|Rules and Regulations for Individual Fund Request
- The student must be an Undergraduate or a Graduate student who is in good standing at Georgia Southern University and have paid their student activity fees.
- Students involved with Greek life can receive Individual Funding.
- The Individual Fund Request has been typed and submitted through My Involvement with all the attachments necessary.
- The applicant must be registered for classes during the semester of his/her travel.
*If a student is traveling between semesters, he/she must also be registered for the semester following the travel.
- If a student is attending a conference and is not presenting the maximum award amount is $200.00
- If a student is attending a conference and presenting the maximum award is $300.00
- Please state the reasons for travel as related to your educational and professional development. The grant is not guaranteed; therefore, the applications that are well written and thoroughly answer all the questions will have a better chance of receiving funding.
- The application must be received at least three weeks prior to the start of your trip or event.
If approved, you will receive an award email notifying you of the amount of your grant.
- Individual Receipt Form must be turned in no later than 14 days after receiving the check.
**If the receipt is not turned-in, the student will be on probation for receiving Individual Funding for the next semester.
- If more than three people are attending a conference through the same organization, please see the Organization Funding page.
|Who approves my request?
||Your campus-respective Student Government Association Financial Advisory Committee that meets on a biweekly basis.
|What can I receive funding for?
||Admission fees, lodging, gas, printing, postage and necessary supplies.
|What can I not receive funding for?
||Luxury hotel rooms, roommates/family members, telephone calls, hotel services (laundry, valet service, safes, etc.), entertainment (tickets, movies, tours, alcoholic beverages, etc.), registration/workshop or travel costs associated with job interviewing, travel for course/degree requirements (internships, courses taught abroad, or clinical rotations), professional certification exams, travel for networking purposes, or travel which occurred prior to the date the grant was awarded. Absolutely no miscellaneous items.
Last updated: 3/3/2020