2021-2022 Candidates

Executive Officer Positions

President

Alexis Belvin

Sophomore, Exercise Science
Atlanta, GA
Statesboro Campus

I have valued my experiences as a Senator and in the President’s Cabinet. Most importantly, I have reveled in my experiences serving as a voice for students to advocate for a better experience for all. I believe my experiences have prepared me for the role of Presidency with my campaign centered around: inclusivity, sustainability, and financial assistance. I will not only be a voice for students, but I will also be the wings for Eagle Nation as I most certainly plan to do. There’s never a perfect candidate, but as for me, I rather be judged by my work rather than words.

Campaign Platform:

1. Inclusivity a. Although Georgia Southern has enforced some new efforts for inclusive excellence, there is still more work to be done. Even though we most certainly hate to say it or recognize it, there’s only so much that our University’s Administration can do. To achieve the results that we want for inclusive excellence on our campuses, it starts with us as a student body. We must be willing to go the extra mile to be the change we wish to see on our campus and beyond the green grasses of Statesboro, Savannah, and Hinesville. b. Proposed Solution(s): i. Gender-neutral descriptions: Request that the University utilizes gender-neutral descriptions such as “he/him/his” and “she/her/hers” to allow for the freedom of gender classification no matter your biological gender. To allow students to feel comfortable in their own skin. ii. Host a monthly social “Meet the Pres”: I would like to implement a social in which underrepresented groups are able to express their cultures and ideas and provide a learning experience for all students. The social will consist of musical and artistic selections created by students. Importantly, this will be an event in which students can meet with the President’s cabinet to discuss concerns regarding race, gender, and sexuality on their campus.

2. Sustainability a. We often hear the term ‘sustainability’ and how much we should seek to follow a greener path to protect our future generations supply of our natural resources. Yet, without the correct guidance or support to do such things, we’re ignorant to gaining perspective on what we should do to keep an adequate supply of these resources. b. Proposed Solution: i. Sustainability Fair: Our school currently gives Student Sustainability Fee Grants to improve our environmental sustainability on our campuses. Students can propose projects pertaining to areas of water, energy, waste, biodiversity, transportation, and food. Just last year there were 13 approved projects that received some sort of funding to continue to make the Statesboro campus eco friendly. Yet, no matter how impacting these projects were our student body aren’t fully aware of these projects. Therefore, I would like to host a semesterly Sustainability Fair on all campuses to raise awareness for the causes and for students with approved and proposed projects can display their efforts to get more student involvement in their goals to create a greener Georgia Southern.

3. Financial Assistance a. The cost of college is constantly on a rise. Furthermore, the idea of paying for somewhere to live is troubling especially when you’re trying to make ends meet to feed yourself. I’ve heard many stories of students sleeping in our libraries on campus because they couldn’t afford to pay for a place to stay after paying for tuition and for food. b. Proposed Solution: i. Operation NEST: Propose the building of tiny homes for students who currently can only afford school and not a roof over their heads. Tiny homes will consist of bedding, access to bathroom, water source, electricity, and accessibility to campus within a walking distance.

Korri Bryan

Sophomore, Middle Grades Education
Lilburn, GA
Statesboro Campus

I am running for President because I want to advocate on behalf of the students at Georgia Southern. For the past two years I have served the student body as being a senator for the College at Large, senator for the College of Education, College Chair for the College of Education, and the Chief of Staff for SGA. If elected, I plan to keep and promote the ideals of SGA and to serve the student body to the best of my ability.

Campaign Platform:

With my experience in SGA and leadership experience in other student organizations, I will advocate for your rights as a student and make sure that your voice is heard and policies and procedures are created to address your concerns. I want to create a safe space whether it be physical or virtual for students of different backgrounds, ethnicities, religion, and sexual orientation where they can assemble and interact with other students across all three campuses. Due to the pandemic, students across all three campuses have not been able to socialize and experience that True Blue feeling. If elected as SGA President, I will be able to help the students of Georgia Southern develop a community based off of support and inclusiveness. I want to promote more sustainability practices on campus. I would encourage students to engage in sustainability practices and adopt an eco-friendly lifestyle. I would achieve this goal by encouraging students to get involved in sustainability-based programs and student organizations offered by the university.

Executive Vice President

Taylor Gray

Junior, Information Systems
Carrollton, GA
Statesboro Campus

Hey Eagles! My name is Taylor Gray and I am so excited to have the opportunity to run for Executive Vice President of SGA! I am a Junior Information Systems major in the Parker College of Business . I am passionate about all things GSU, Student Government Association, The Parker College of Business, Greek Life, and on campus organizations such as the Honors Program. If I was given the opportunity to be EVP, I would make sure that students were given the opportunity to express any concerns that they have and find solutions to those as quickly as possible. Go Eagles!

Campaign Platform:

Graduation Rate: The Georgia Southern Graduation rate is something that has bothered me during my time at GSU. I want to focus on improving the graduation rate and the Freshman retention rate. With this increase in rates, it would help strengthen GSU alumni and help increase the career network for future and current students. Since the COVID-19 pandemic, many students have felt alone. My goal would be to organize events within SGA to help students find friends and become involved on campus. I think this is especially important for Freshman students to make connections which in turn help retention and graduation rates.

Diversity & Inclusion: I want to make sure that every student at GSU, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, or economic background, has equal access to all of the opportunities offered at Georgia Southern. More communication, marketing, and awareness would help all students take advantage of every single program offered at GSU. I think organizing events to strengthen relationships on campus would be super beneficial.

Vice President of Finance

Ayanna Brewton

Junior, Psychology
Sugar Hill, GA
Statesboro Campus

As the VP of Finance my goal is to be a financial resource for GSU’s student body. I am seeking this position because I desire to financially enable individuals and student organizations, so that we may make an impact on our campus. In today’s climate, it is more important now than ever for Georgia Southern to unite as one. As the current incumbent of VPF I have had the opportunity to provide many students/ student organizations with useful resources to unite with the campus community. With you all’s vote, I am confident that re-election in this role will allow me to continue to contribute to the growth and success of Georgia Southern University’s campus community.

Campaign Platform:

First Generation college students are among the thousands of people who are accepted into Georgia Southern University every year. Although there are many campus resources for Georgia Southern students, I feel that there is a lack of resources and guidance for first generation students in particular. Speaking from personal experience, it’s difficult and even intimidating to be a first gen, because you naturally feel as if you’re always a step behind everyone else. Oftentimes, first gen students do not know what direction to go and resources are available to them. I feel that Georgia Southern University should improve on its accommodation to first generation students, because it may encourage them to push forward and succeed graduating. I would like to see SGA form a program catered to first generation students that will potentially provide them with mentorship and the resources they individually need for their college career and beyond. I would also love to see SGA advertise certain programs that already exist at southern for those first gen students who are unaware of them.

Food insecurity is the state of being without reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food. Many students on the Georgia Southern campus come face to face with food insecurity on a daily basis. There are resources on campus that address this issue, such as the food pantry located in the Williams center, Captain’s Cupboard on the Armstrong and Liberty Center, and An emergency pantry on the Statesboro campus. I would like to see SGA work alongside these different resources to help educate students on the importance of food insecurity, how we can help, and the resources that are available to them on this very campus. I would also like to see SGA collaborate with such organizations in order to help expand the initiative!

Georgia Southern University has a history of racial injustice against its black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC) student populations. In my time alone, while attending Georgia Southern, there has been multiple instances of blatant racism towards BIPOC with no repercussions to follow. I understand how discouraging and upsetting it is for BIPOC students who work so hard on a campus that they barely feel comfortable and included in. I firmly feel that the racial injustice that lies upon this campus must be addressed, discussed, and eliminated. I would like to see SGA take part in the Georgia Southern Inclusive Excellence Action Plan by implementing thoughts and ideas that are provided directly by you all. With this, I believe that our BIPOC student populations will finally feel united with the campus community.

Director of Student Affairs

Amina Sarr

Sophomore, Exercise Science
Atlanta, GA
Statesboro Campus

Hello Eagle Nation, My name is Amina Sarr. A sophomore- exercise science major, psychology minor from Atlanta Georgia. I am seeking the position of Director of Student Affairs to serve as a diligent member of The Student Government Association, and to voice the concerns of the student body to our administration. In my time within SGA, I’ve come to realize that we are often unheard. I’m making it my mission to change that. I see this as my opportunity to serve a community that is much greater than myself. As you director of student affairs , my goal is to make sure there is nothing that Georgia Southern students need that we can provide. To be a friend and family to each and every student and for you all to 100% know that you can count on me to get the job done. Your issues are my issues, and when I’m committed there is nothing I can’t do. My leadership and people skills has lead me down this path. Georgia Southern has already given me so much and I hope to be able to give back all of that and then some.

Campaign Platform:

Diversity and Inclusion ⁃ Diversity and inclusion means being a good team player. It means not only acknowledging our differences in race, gender, sexuality, etc, but being mature and respectful. To operate on the basic principle of treat others how you want to be treated and for us to all have spaces where we feel that we belong in and have people that support us. While we already have student ran events and forums that focus on this, I feel as though there not wide broadcasted. If you weren’t in the org that’s hosting or happen to see a flier or two you completely miss out. There is great events and information being provided but I think that students often miss them.

Financial Disparities ⁃ As a first generation college student I know first hand about financial hardship. Finances is the make or break to whether students continue with their education. While this is a university and ultimately a business, it’s students that keep them in business. Outside of the eagles for eagles fund and one or two other initiatives. There isn’t any other last minute funding options for emergencies that may arise for students. This is something I would like to see addressed.

Director of Auxiliary Affairs

Jordan Cooper

Junior, Respiratory Therapy
Garden City, GA
Armstrong Campus

I am seeking Director of Auxiliary Affairs because I know I can amplify campus life, better campus partnership, and increase student participation. I am a 3rd year Resident Advisor, previous Auxiliary Chair, and I am familiar with all Auxiliary. I have presided over large organizations such as Top Teens of America where many young adult populations were of my concern and taken well care of. I have handled situations of many different backgrounds and levels of complication with poise and discretion. I will do my absolute best to honor this position and SGA as best as I can.

Campaign Platform:

Fair Parking and Transportation: Ability to park in a larger variety of spaces on campus as registered students without penalty, better cooperation between this department and the campus itself due to previous disagreements had with SGA and students, better adherence to the rules for example, some people still receive tickets in the “no permit required” parking lots.

I want to see SGA tackle these three issues of Auxiliary services on campus particularly because they are some of the most important for comfortable, yet still rule abiding ways to campus life. The accommodation of parking in more spaces on campus seems to be a given when you already pay to park on the campus anyway, and I would simply like to broaden that area for the convenience of the student population. This issue would even limit foot traffic in certain areas during this pandemic which should be at the top of the university’s goals. The Parking and Transportation Department usually receives a ton of complaints from students due to their uncooperative nature to help with tickets, appeals, and more. The previous SGA has already attempted this better communication style but I am not a quitter and believe we can all work accordingly. Of course, getting a ticket as a student parking in an entire lot that has signage and is listed on all maps as the no permit required lot is a huge upsetting, and it has to be solved by simple questions and answers.

Made to Order Meals Students allergies, food alterations, and “picky” eating habits Some meals out the cafeteria are student’s only source of food and they are cold due to their long sit out times I would like to see SGA take on these two issues being they relate quite personally to many people. I know all eating accommodations do not fall under the SARC’s control and students cannot eat every pre-made meal offered or simply may not be appetizing to them, and because made to order options were available in the past I am not sure why they cannot still be done. The Galley could be under the new GATA Go App where orders can be made before arrival to limit in contact time of standing and waiting in the Galley if that is the concern. I want SGA to advocate for students in areas where they feel their own voice alone is not strong enough especially being this is a very important aspect of on campus living besides housing accommodations.

Amare McJolly

Sophomore, Music Education
Powder Springs, GA
Statesboro Campus

Auxiliary Affairs provides products and services to enhance the university experience for students, staff, faculty, and alumni at Georgia Southern University. I would love to serve as the Director of Auxiliary Affairs because I am eager to listen to students to determine how they can best be served to enhance their college experience! If elected, I plan to keep and promote the ideals of SGA and serve as a liaison between the students on campus and the administrative faculty. I have been a part of the SGA family for almost three years now and I hope to continue my service to Student Government Association and the Eagle Nation!

Campaign Platform:

1.) Addressing social anxiety, general anxiety, and test anxiety. Possibly having SGA host a monthly or bi-monthly mental health awareness seminar where students can ask questions and get tips on stress relief and anxiety coping mechanisms.

2.) Despite the benefits that a diversified faculty, staff, and student body offer to campus, diversity also presents challenges that must be addressed and overcome. Studies show that diversity, particularly on college campuses improve the intellectual engagement, self motivation, academic skills, etc. for students of all races. Working diligently with the Office of Inclusive Excellence to ensure a campus where ALL students are represented and to create places where all students can learn and grow!

Director of Veteran Affairs

Audrey Lowery

Junior, Mechanical Engineering
Statesboro, GA
Statesboro Campus

I was in SGA last year and it was amazing to work with the group of students who were so dedicated to helping this school. I am apart of a Military family and I understand all of the struggles people go through during and after deployment. I want to help these group of individuals and even their families get through the troubles they have and let them know they are not alone.

Campaign Platform:

I want to help students who have been the victim of sexual assault or rape. As a victim myself, I understand the long term effects it can have. I want to start thinking about creating a group that comes together to just talk, a group for them to come together and not feel alone. Another topic I want to help address is the littering on campus. At my high school, we had flyers we put around that explains the effects of throwing trash in the ground. This made me want to put my trash in the trash cans, and it even made me want to start recycling. This just helps students see the effects of their actions. Lastly, I want to put together a group of students to make care packages for soldiers overseas. Stuff that helps remind them of home. Especially during times such as the holidays but any time, and I was thinking SGA start doing operation shoe box. We accept donations of toes and toiletries and we ship them to children in lower income or third world countries during Christmas. We did this at my high school and it was always my favorite fundraiser.

Joanna Njie

Junior, Civil Engineering
Atlanta, GA
Statesboro Campus

Becoming Director of Veteran Affairs will allow me to advocate for the best interest of the student body and Eagle Battalion here at Georgia Southern University. I am a proud eagle and this year marks four years serving in the National Guard, three years as a cadet in the Eagle Battalion and student of the Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Computing. This is an opportunity to serve and give back to the community of professors, instructors and friends/peers that have contributed so much to my development and the individual I am today.

Campaign Platform:

A few weeks ago I was volunteering with SGA to give students self care kits for Student Appreciation Week. Toward the end of the event, another SGA member (Alexis Belvin) and I were packing up to leave when we ran into a young lady. She was a freshman who expressed to us how unsure she was about her decision to attend Georgia Southern. She expressed how she loves the campus but was having hard time making friends and connecting with the community and that COVID/social distancing was also an obstacle that made that harder. She even suggested transferring. We allowed her to voice thoughts and in the end we realized what she was lacking was the proper guidance towards the endless organizations/mentorship programs GSU has to offer. We exchanged numbers and offered to take her out/ hang out if she ever needed anything. She is a bright young lady with a lot of ambition and it was nice to see her light up after our conversation. In that moment I realize one of the biggest motivators we need as students is someone that will advocate and guide us so we can all feel included. As a member of SGA the most important issue/tasks I will tackle this semester will be reaching out and finding creative ways to connect students to programs/events that are already available to us. I want every student to feel that they belong and there is a space for them to express themselves and further their development. An example would be hosting a virtual clubs sign up day or a 3 day job/internship fair with resume boot camp, mock interviews, meetings with local business owners. When we as students feel like our environment is developing us and properly preparing us for our goals and dreams our moral and spirit as a student body will soar.

Public Relations Coordinator

Kimmy Smith

Junior, Public Relations
Statesboro, GA
Statesboro Campus

If elected as the Public Relations Coordinator, I plan to leverage my 2 plus years of Public Relations experience and involvement on campus to this position in order to fulfill all SGA needs when it comes to social media engagement, content creation, and flyer development. As a previous SGA Senator and College Chair for the College of Arts and Humanities, I am able to understand and relate to the needs of the senators and students on all 3 campuses and effectively express their needs and concerns via an online and physical platform.

Senator Positions

Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Computing

(College allotment: 6 Senators)

Saidi Olalere

Graduate, Mechanical Engineering
Lagos, Nigeria
Statesboro Campus

I am vying for Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Computing senate position. I am a dedicated and enthusiastic individual that believe in proper representation to allow freedom of expression and opportunities for all. My goal is to be the ear and mouth piece for the students by ensuring there voices are heard. 

College of Arts and Humanities

(College allotment: 5 Senators)

No candidates filed for this College.

College of Behavioral and Social Sciences

(College allotment: 5 Senators)

Monique Edwards

Sophomore, Criminal Justice & Criminology
Atlanta, GA
Statesboro Campus

I am seeking a position in the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences because I want to be a voice for the underrepresented. As a first-generation college student and minority, I know firsthand the importance of inclusion and diversity. I believe that representation is an important factor when it comes to decision-making. Over the past few years, with dreams of one day becoming a lawyer, I have come to realize that my purpose is to serve my community and mentor others. With this being said, I have had a plethora of experiences that will allow me to represent you in the best way possible. As a senator, I will strive to make an impact not just an impression.

Davis Green

Sophomore, Criminal Justice
Augusta, GA
Statesboro Campus

I am seeking re-election for the position of senator for the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences because I want to continue to be involved in SGA and be able to do some interesting things that I was not able to do because of the Covid-19 pandemic. I also want to continue to be an advocate for my fellow students here at Georgia Southern. As a senator during the 2020-2021 SGA term, I was very active in Senate meetings and expressed opinions on what I believed was best for the students in the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences. SGA has provided me with an opportunity to meet and work with new individuals who I have come to know and respect during my time as senator. Being a senator is the honor of my life and I hope to be re-elected for my second term serving the students at Georgia Southern University. I look forward to continuing working with my partners in this effort to make Georgia Southern a great place to get a quality education.

Michayla Knox

Junior, Criminal Justice
Hinesville, GA
Statesboro Campus

I believe that joining SGA is the best way I can engage in civil action at Georgia Southern. I am running to represent and advocate for underrepresented students. As a senator of the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences, I will do my best to ensure that my peers’ concerns and ideas are turned into tangible change.

Joe Rocheleau

Junior, Political Science
Roswell, GA
Statesboro Campus

I am running for SGA Senate to advance the interests of everyone in the student body. I’d like to ensure greater accountability for those whose actions negatively impact our diverse student body and ensure the university does everything it can to lower our carbon footprint. I will fight for every student as if they were a member of my family if elected!

Rachel Smith

Junior, Psychology
Atlanta, GA
Statesboro Campus

My name is Rachel Smith, and I am thrilled to be running for a Senator position! I am currently a Junior Psychology student with a minor in Child and Family Development. My experience as an honors student, research assistant, university employee, and Psi Chi member, has strengthened my passion for the success of this university and more specifically, its students. If elected senator, I plan to advocate for the opportunities and resources necessary for our students’ academic, social, and professional success. My hope is to raise the voices of our students, and work towards a better university. Go Eagles!

College of Education

(College allotment: 3 Senators)

Darley Desormo

Sophomore, Elementary Education
Tampa, FL
Armstrong Campus

“Education is the most powerful weapon which you could use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela. I am running for SGA’s College of Education senator position. I have the best interest in both my academic college and the people of the university. I am determined, well-rounded, capable and I want to inspire others to think and do the same. SGA is a great organization because it manages the interest of students and gives back valuable experiences for students to enjoy while attending Georgia Southern. Vote for Darley Desormo to ensure a connection between education majors and the university.

College of Science and Mathematics

(College allotment: 4 Senators)

Garrett Cutchin

Sophomore, Biology Suwanee
Statesboro Campus

I am seeking the position of senator to instate legislature that can help Georgia Southern move toward becoming a more environmentally friendly campus and to help students of the College of Science and Mathematic become more involved with campus governance

Ke’Anthony Kendrick

Sophomore, Biochemistry/ pre-medicine Washington, GA
Statesboro Campus

My reason for running for SGA is quite simple, to serve others. On this campus, many students’ voices go unheard because some students do not feel comfortable enough to speak up, and others due to inadequate representation. Working with the rest of the SGA team, and serving as a megaphone for those students is a precious opportunity. I want to take part in ensuring that all students enjoy their time here at Georgia Southern University. Being able to represent the student body on a larger platform is an opportunity for me to grow as an individual and a leader.

Kaley Neal

Senior, Cell and Molecular Biology Pre-Veterinary medicine Atlanta, GA
Armstrong Campus

I am interested in joining SGA because I want to be able to serve the students again and assist with making their college experience better. I have previously served in SGA as a senator and a task force member and I enjoyed being apart of those affiliations. I also would like to create a inclusive and United front for all campuses with in SGA.

Jesus Omar Sistos Barron

Freshman, Mathematics Leon, Mexico
Armstrong Campus

I want to represent the College of Science and Mathematics to promote student engagement not only with SGA, but the university in general, and help make the ‘back to in-person’ transition as smooth as possible for all students.

Jack. N. Averitt College of Graduate Studies

(College allotment: 5 Senators)

No candidates filed for this College.

Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health

(College allotment: 3 Senators)

Kaleigh Jordan

Sophomore, Public Health Wrightsville, GA
Statesboro Campus

I would like to represent Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health as a Senator for the Student Government Association. It has been an interest of mine since my freshman year. I want to be an advocate for the students and serve as a liaison for the College of Public Health. I have always been interested in politics and having representation in all aspects of my college career. I want to make sure the Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health has representation to support an inclusive environment at Georgia Southern University.

Diana Ewetola

Graduate, MPH in Epidemiology Savannah, GA
Statesboro Campus

As a double eagle, my 3 years at Georgia Southern University in the school of public health has been a wonderful and a teaching experience. As I am starting my graduate studies, I am applying to his position so I can bring my experiences and knowledge I have gained to improve the wellness of the school. I believe SGA will provide me with the perfect opportunity to share my thoughts and ideas on ways we can not only improve our school wellness but find a way to be a voice for my fellow students in the College of Public Health.

Gabi Wiggill

Sophomore, Public Health Pretoria, South Africa
Statesboro Campus

I want to be a senator for my college because I am very passionate about taking leadership in public health. I love bringing awareness to people about their health which is why I founded the Students’ Health Awareness Initiative and arranged the entire Organicup CampusCup2020. In my first month as a senator, I was awarded the Senator of the Month Award. I have organized successfully the Red Hand Day event and applied for a Sustainability Grant to fund an environmentally friendly period pantry for students. I do all of this because I love it. I love taking care of people and ensuring that they each get to live their best lives. Therefore, by representing the students of JPHCOPH, I can further these public health initiatives for the betterment of all students on campus.

Parker College of Business

(College allotment: 6 Senators)

Cole Hughes

Freshman, Business Management Griffin, GA
Statesboro Campus

My name is Cole Hughes, and I’m running for a position as a Senator at the Parker College of Business because I feel that I can best represent our student body through my firm beliefs of unification and my great dedication i have to our great college here at Georgia Southern. I feel the opportunities and decisions I will have as a senator will better the lives of each and every student at Georgia Southern University.

Waters College of Health Professions

(College allotment: 7 Senators)

Aryonna Black

Sophomore, Exercise Science Douglasville, GA
Statesboro Campus

I am seeking the senator position because I like to assist in making decisions that would help benefit other students and all campuses as a whole. In high school I had a position in SGA and I loved helping others and planning things for people to enjoy.

Harper Lewis

Senior, Nursing Savannah, GA
Statesboro Campus

As a senior in the nursing program at Georgia Southern University, I would like nothing more than to represent my peers and other members of my college in the Student Government Association. I will always choose to put others needs above my own because that is what nursing is all about.

Britney Wellington

Junior, Exercise Science Miami, FL
Statesboro Campus

I am writing to express my intent to run for the Senator of Waters College of Health Professions. I believe the Student Government Association is necessary for a college campus. It allows the best. opportunities for the students at Georgia Southern University to voice their opinions. I believe that my previous experience as secretary and current position as vice president of Caribbean Student Association have prepared me well for the senator position. If elected, I promise to fight for the students, because as a student myself I am compassionate to the needs and know how to help.

Liberty Campus

(Special Interest Group allotment: 2 Senators)

Mylette Gordon

Freshman, Health Science Midway, GA
Liberty Campus

I seek the position of senator because I have the heart for helping others and participating in activities/organizations that are larger than myself. Having the opportunity and ability to voice and implement change that is beneficial to all brings me great joy. As I have endured the sentiments of the voiceless and insufficiently represented, I feel that I can greatly qualify as a good listener and be impactful for contriving change. I can also hone my skills of becoming an effectual leader if given the opportunity. I hope that I can be awarded the pleasure of demonstrating both my hard work and passion for being a valuable asset to my community and others.

First-Year Students

Charles Dixson

Freshman, Political Science Marietta, GA
Statesboro Campus

I want to represent the student body anyway I can, and being apart of various clubs and organizations is my goal while I’m here!

At-Large

(Special Interest Group allotment: 4 Senators)

Kennedy Finch

Junior, Public Relations Forsyth, GA
Statesboro Campus

I am seeking the At Large Senator position because many student organizations need representation within SGA. This position would allow me to be the voice for these organizations as I would advocate for what will better their experiences and time at Georgia Southern University ensuring students’ success. Through my involvement on campus, I have seen the lack of representation, which is why I am passionate about this position. College is about finding your voice, so I am seeking this position to give all students a voice and represent those who do not feel heard.

Honors College

Grace McDaniel

Senior, Athletic Training Jesup, GA
Statesboro Campus

A wise woman once said, “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples”. As Mother Teresa sought change, I too seek to make a difference for our school. At my previous institution, I was elected to the SGA senate, where I seized the opportunity to make a change and implement the ideas of fellow students. Should I be elected for the Senate, I believe with your input, we can make the small changes needed to make our school and community proud of Georgia Southern students!

Brigman Moore

Junior, Political Science and Psychology Savannah, GA
Statesboro Campus

As a Political Science major and as a member of the Georgia Army National Guard, I have long had an interest in public service and a deep conviction that all peoples deserve equal representation. It would be an ‘honor’ to serve as one of the first senators of the newly established Honors College, and as senator I will ensure that the interests of the Honors College, and all its members, are represented in Student Government.

Last updated: 4/2/2021