How to Receive Services
What you need to do to receive services:
- Self-identify to the SARC. Please complete the Voluntary Declaration of Disability (VDD) form on our website to begin the registration process for services.
- Meet with a disability service provider (in person, through a virtual meeting, or by phone) to discuss your accommodation needs.
- Compile documentation of your condition/diagnosis and provide it to SARC. You can find specific documentation requirements on the University System of Georgia’s website. It is best to supply copies rather than originals.
**Note: For distance learners, the process for receiving SARC services can be conducted via telephone or in person.
What the Student Accessibility Resource Center will do:
- We will meet with the student (in person, virtually, or via phone) to discuss accommodation needs on campus.
- We will review the submitted documentation. If a system review is necessary, we will forward the documentation to the Regents Center for Learning Disorders (RCLD).
- Once the review process is completed, the student will be notified by mail or email regarding the review outcome.
- When appropriate, SARC professional staff members will assist students in procuring documentation that meets Board of Regents’ standards.
Last updated: 8/3/2021