How to Receive Services
What you need to do to receive services:
- Self-identify to the Student Accessibility Resource Center (SARC). Please complete the Voluntary Declaration of Disability (VDD) form on our website to begin the registration process for services.
- Meet with a disability service provider (in person, through a virtual meeting, or by phone) to discuss your accommodation needs.
- Compile documentation of your condition/diagnosis and provide it to SARC. You can find specific documentation guidelines on the University System of Georgia’s website. Helpful information may include medical records, psychoeducational testing, and school records such as IEPs. Every request is considered on a case-by-case basis.
What the Student Accessibility Resource Center will do:
- We will meet with the student (in person, through a virtual meeting, or by phone) to discuss accommodation needs on campus.
- SARC will conduct a comprehensive review of the submitted documentation. If a system review is necessary, we will forward the documentation to the Regents Center for Learning Disorders (RCLD).
- If additional documentation is needed, SARC staff members will guide students in understanding appropriate types of documentation and information needed to conduct the accommodation review.
- Once the review process is completed, the student will be notified by email regarding the review outcome.
- Accommodations approved by SARC staff only apply to Georgia Southern University.
Last updated: 6/27/2023