The Student Accessibility Resource Center partners with students, faculty and staff to facilitate disability access essential to advancing an inclusive campus experience. Access and accommodations ensure equal opportunity for students with disabilities to participate in all of the programs, activities and services designed to transform our students into global citizens.
Purpose: We envision Georgia Southern University as a fully accessible university and inclusive environment for people with disabilities.
- We do this by:
- Acknowledging disability as an aspect of human diversity;
- Cultivating awareness of the environment’s disabling barriers;
- Collaborating on and proactively facilitating accessible environments and experiences;
- Educating faculty and staff to create and maintain access in their spheres of influence;
- Shifting to an inclusive-minded attitude;
- Supplementing with reasonable accommodations to ensure access.
Last updated: 7/26/2021