Hispanic Outreach and Leadership Achievement (HOLA)
The Hispanic Outreach and Leadership Achievement Program (HOLA) provides student support services and cultural awareness programs to Hispanic and Latinx students, which strengthen the collegiate experience of a diverse body of campus constituents and community partners.
Our overarching goal is to increase the strategic support that we provide to Hispanic and Latinx students for the purpose of positively impacting their retention, progression, and graduation rates.
The program seeks to provide or create access to the following:
- Hispanic/Latinx cultural celebration through programs and other initiatives.
- Academic support that considers cultural and other intersecting identities.
- Culturally aware group, peer-to-peer, academic, and professional mentoring.
- Holistic wellness support that is culturally relevant.
- Leadership development through organization style structure and other leadership development initiatives.
- A community of students, staff, and faculty that identify with and or strongly support Hispanic and Latinx identities.
For more information, contact:
Maurice Nelson, Statesboro Campus, firstname.lastname@example.org
McKenzie Peterman, Armstrong Campus, email@example.com
Last updated: 7/22/2020