2019 Diversity, Inclusion & Fairness (D.I.F.) Conference
Saturday, March 30, 2019 – Statesboro Campus, Russell Union Ballroom
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
**A registration announcement and call for proposals will be sent out soon**
D.I.F. Conference Mission
The mission of the D.I.F. Conference is to create an opportunity to openly talk, listen and learn about issues related to diversity, inclusion and fairness.
D.I.F. Conference Goals:
- Develop an understanding of diversity, inclusion and fairness (Think).
- Increase awareness of one’s identities, biases and privileges (Think).
- Understand the value of inclusivity and how individual actions impact our environments (Create).
- Engage in Intergroup Dialogue to understand the effects of marginalization in order to create safe and inclusive environments (Create).
- Identify and develop the necessary skills to create positive and strategic change (Be).
- Challenge each other to acknowledge and expand the boundaries of our comfort zones (Be).
|Georgia Southern Students||$8|
|Non GSU Students||$10|
|Faculty & Staff||$10|
|Group Rate (10+ people)||$8|
|Stop by the OMA on the 2nd Floor of the Russell Union – Room 2070|
2019 D.I.F. Conference Schedule
|9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.||Check-In/Breakfast|
|9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.||Opening Keynote|
|11:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Concurrent Session 1|
|12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.||Lunch|
|1:30 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.||Concurrent Session 2|
|2:30 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.||Concurrent Session 3|
|3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Be Panel|
D.I.F. Conference 2019 Opening Keynote Speaker
Last updated: 3/4/2019