Diversity, Inclusion & Fairness (D.I.F.) Conference
D.I.F. Conference Mission
The mission of the D.I.F. Conference is to create an opportunity to openly talk, listen and learn about issues related to diversity, inclusion and fairness.
D.I.F. Conference Goals:
- Develop an understanding of diversity, inclusion and fairness (Think).
- Increase awareness of one’s identities, biases and privileges (Think).
- Understand the value of inclusivity and how individual actions impact our environments (Create).
- Engage in Intergroup Dialogue to understand the effects of marginalization in order to create safe and inclusive environments (Create).
- Identify and develop the necessary skills to create positive and strategic change (Be).
- Challenge each other to acknowledge and expand the boundaries of our comfort zones (Be).
|Georgia Southern Students||$8|
|Non GSU Students||$10|
|Faculty & Staff||$10|
|Group Rate (10+ people)||*|
Stop by the OMA on the 2nd Floor of the Russell Union – Room 2070
2018 D.I.F. Conference Schedule
|10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.||Check-In|
|10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Opening Keynote|
|12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.||Lunch|
|1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.||Concurrent Session 1|
|2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.||Be Panel|
|3:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.||Closing|
D.I.F. Conference 2018 Opening Keynote Speaker
Justin Brown – Diversity Awareness Program
Justin Brown is a well known speaker, author and diversity instructor in the field of higher education. He currently works as a resident director at West Chester University in West Chester, Pennsylvania. Justin‘s passion for working with students developed while pursuing a bachelors degree in public relations from Slippery Rock University. During his undergraduate tenure, Justin was actively involved on campus, working and collaborating with various offices and departments on campus. It was during this time that Justin created the Diversity Awareness Program (D.A.P), a program dedicated to raising awareness and educating college campuses about the importance of diversity, and the embracing of all cultures and backgrounds. Justin then continued nurturing D.A.P through his graduate studies at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania, while working towards earning his masters degree in student affairs in higher education. D.A.P. has successfully grown in popularity, having visited over 100 colleges and universities, and over 20 chapters established within those institutions.
Last updated: 4/4/2018