The goals of the Multicultural Student Center are to:
- Provide mentoring programs that encourage the successful transition of minority high school students through their first year of college experience.
- Develop and coordinate programs and services to support the retention, progression and graduation of minority/underrepresented students.
- Offer students from diverse populations a welcoming environment and connections to campus resources.
- Deliver training and resources to address discrimination, bias, misconceptions, and stereotypes.
- Collaborate with faculty, other student service units, and recognized student organizations to provide programming specific to cultural and ethnic diversity.
- Produce programs and activities intended to raise multicultural awareness and appreciation of diversity across the campus, and to increase the cultural competence of all students.
Last updated: 6/13/2014