Dual Enrollment
Georgia Southern University


Applying for On-Campus Housing

Students are permitted to live on campus while participating in the dual enrollment program. If they choose to do so, they will be responsible for all costs associated with on-campus housing.

Students that choose to continue at Georgia Southern after high school graduation are required to live on campus, unless they are eligible for an exemption (more information can be found below). Click here to learn more or apply for on-campus housing.

If you have applied to live on campus, you must sign your housing contract and pay your housing deposit before you will be able to register for classes. You will receive your housing assignment no earlier than April 1, 2018 from University Housing.

First Year Live On Requirement (FYLOR)

Dual enrollment students that wish to continue at Georgia Southern after high school graduation are subject to University Housing’s First Year Live On Requirement. Many students are eligible to be exempted from this policy, as most dual enrollment students live in one of the counties included in the exemption. For more information on the First Year Live On Requirement and the exemption policy click here.

Please know that if students do not apply for on-campus housing or complete an exemption request for the First Year Live On Requirement, a hold placed on their account, which will prevent them from registering for Fall 2018 classes. Students should either apply for housing or complete the exemption request form as soon as possible.

FYLOR Exemption Request

  • To request an exemption you must fill out the exemption request form.
  • When selecting the “Exemption Reason” on the request form, keep in mind that you must have 30 credit hours completed by the end of Fall 2017 to choose “30 Hours Academic Credit Completed.”
  • If you will not have 30 credit hours completed by the end of Fall 2017, but you live in Bryan, Bulloch, Candler, Effingham, Emanuel, Evans, Jenkins, and Screven County, your Exemption Reason will be “Residency.”
    • In addition to filling out the exemption request form, if your Exemption Reason is “Residency” you must submit a student and parent affidavit of residency. These affidavits, as well as the exemption request form, must be submitted in order for the FYLOR hold to be removed. The affidavits can be dropped off or mailed to University Housing.

Last updated: 2/20/2018