End of Semester Safety Alert
As the end of the semester approaches, and you prepare to go home for the winter break, please continue to make sure that you are taking every precaution to ensure your own personal safety. Here are some tips:
- Travel in groups. Do not walk alone at night. You may request an escort from Public Safety by calling 912-478-5234.
- Call 911 or 912-478-5234 to report suspicious persons or activity in or around your neighborhood or on campus.
- Avoid shortcuts and dark, isolated areas.
- Keep track of your textbooks and other personal items at all times. Do not leave anything unattended.
- Lock or secure your doors and windows before leaving.
- Take small electronics and other valuables home with you. (If valuables are being left behind, when possible, make sure they aren’t visible in your room.)
- Do not leave cash or credit cards in your room.
- Make sure you take all your keys with you when you leave.
- If you are not 21 years old, it is illegal to drink. If you are 21 and you are going to drink, drink responsibly.
If you live on campus, please remember to follow the proper check-out procedures provided by Housing. Good luck on finals and have a safe and happy holiday!
This is a sample News post – news is optional – if you don’t need it, just delete this post.