Captain’s Cupboard Food Pantry
The Captain’s Cupboard is a campus resource that helps students who are in need of supplementary food items, hygiene products, and menstrual products.
How It All Works
Those that are in need of the food program will begin by completing a new client request form. Once approved, the individual will be eligible to pick up a bag of food on scheduled days.
How Do I Know If I Am Eligible?
Do you identify with any of the statements below? If so, please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance.
- I am skipping meals due to lack of funding.
- I worry that my food will run out before I get money to buy more.
- I have had to choose to pay bills or obtain shelter (and other basic needs) instead of eating regularly.
- I have lost weight because I do not have enough money for food.
- I am homeless or recently became homeless.
- I have recently loss my job or have experienced loss of hours.
- I have experienced a life altering event that has affected my ability to purchase staple food items.
- My family is experiencing hardship and is unable to provide staple food items.
- I am struggling in my course work due to hunger.
We understand that everyone’s situation is different, and everyone has different needs. Please contact Cherie Gaume in the Dean of Students Office at 912.344.2514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your situation. Our goal is to support you during your time of need as a food program and connect you to other campus and community resources.
I Want To Donate
Donations are always greatly appreciated to help this program continue to operate. If you wish to donate dry or can goods to the pantry, please bring those to the Dean of Students Office in Student Union D206. Have a question? Please do not hesitate to give us a call at 912.344.2514.
Please note that we cannot take any items that are expired, opened, or missing labels.
Last updated: 1/29/2020