Georgia Southern University students with internships and co-ops are highlighted in the Internship Spotlight series on the Office of Career and Professional Development homepage and social media pages.
Students participating in an internship or co-op may submit information about their experience, including a high-quality photo, for possible inclusion in posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and GeorgiaSouthern.edu/ocpd. Information presented is student-submitted, with additional details provided by internship coordinators and company representatives.
Madalynn Keen, Senior, Marketing
- Year and Major: Senior studying Marketing with an emphasis in Sales
- Internship Location: AT&T in Dallas, TX
- Internship Position & Responsibilities: Madalynn is a Business Sales Intern for AT&T. Her main job is reaching out to and selling internet services to small businesses in the Dallas area.
- The Best Part: Madalynn says along with loving her role, that she also gets to do some fun company-sponsored activities as well. She recently went to a Texas Rangers game and got to tour the AT&T stadium — home of the Dallas Cowboys!
Kyle Gilchrist, Senior, Political Science
- Year and Major: Senior studying Political Science
- Internship Location: Intern in Congressman Sanford Bishop’s Office in Washington, D.C. as part of the Legislative Internship Program.
- Internship Position & Responsibilities: Kyle conducted legislative research and drafted responses to constituent correspondence, presented analysis and briefings on current legislative and public policy issues, and drafted detailed outlines of notes from congressional hearings, briefings, and meetings. Kyle spent time drafting press clips and assisted with social media management. He also enjoyed serving as a tour guide for constituents and guests, and helped maintain the daily operations of the main office.
- The Best Part: Kyle says “the most exciting part of [his] internship was interacting with members of congress!” He added, “Having the ability to go virtually anywhere in the U.S. Capitol was definitely a perk.”
Miranda Rogers, Junior, Public Relations
- Year and Major: Junior studying Public Relations
- Internship Location: Sales Intern with C.H. Robinson in Savannah, GA.
- Internship Position & Responsibilities: C.H. Robinson is the largest third party logistics company (3PL) in North America. Miranda assists with the Strategic Sales Executive, who then sell to large customers. She attends and helps conduct business meetings, makes cold calls to potential customers, and learns about the logistics industry as a whole.
- The Best Part: Miranda says, “Working at C.H. Robinson, everyday is different which makes coming into the office even more exciting! So far, I have been on 2 different business trips to Atlanta. At one, I toured a distribution center of a large tire manufacturing company. At the other meeting, I learned about a potential customer’s supply chain, and about the problems they face. It has been so interesting to learn about sales techniques and strategies.”
Last updated: 6/20/2019