Junior Year – Experience
- Consider options after graduation: career path or graduate school?
- If considering graduate study, identify possible schools and request admissions information.
- Visit the Office of Career Services during the walk-in hours (noon – 4:00 pm) or meet with your Career Development Specialist to develop your job search strategy.
- Update your résumé and cover letter.
- Research potential employers and decide which ones are most appealing to you.
- Start networking. Develop strong relationships to make contacts for future employment. Keep a database.
- Get a suit. Begin acquiring professional business attire.
- Attend Career Fairs or the Graduate School Fair. Sign-up for on-campus employer interviews through Eagle Career Net.
- Seek leadership positions in your student organizations to develop relevant skills. Join a professional association and become actively involved.
- Participate in mock interviews, networking nights, and other programs sponsored by the Office of Career Services.
- Seek internships and co-ops to gain relevant experience.
Last updated: 11/12/2015