The Bachelor of Science in Art Education offers undergraduate students a solid foundation for teaching art by helping them become skilled in all areas of studio practice, knowledgeable about art history, aesthetics and criticism, and able to develop an understanding of the pedagogical practices of art education.
*MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL CERTIFICATION FOR SOME POSITIONS
- Art Professor
- Art History
- Art Teacher
- Art Instructor
- Elementary School Teacher
- Associate Professor*
- High School Teacher
- Freelance Artist
- Kindergarten Teacher
- Educator in Charge of Teaching and Learning
- Middle School Teacher
- Preschool Teacher
- Manager of Education Initiatives
- Director of Education
- Museum Educator
- Visual Art Instructor
- Coordinator of Public Programs
- Education Coordinator
- Ceramic Artist
Sample Work Settings
- Private School Systems (K-12)
- Public School Systems (K-12)
- Day Care Centers
- Art Camps
- Art Centers
- Church-Related Programs
- After-School Programs
- Not-for-Profit Education Program
- Photography Studio
- Corporate Marketing Department
- Higher Education Marketing Department
- Chatham County School System
- Atlanta International School
- The Children’s Guild, Inc.
- The Pennsylvania School for the Deaf
- Bulloch County Public Schools
- Georgia Southern University
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The Barnes Foundation
- Woodruff Arts Center
- National Art Education Association
- Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
- Teach for America
- Boys and Girls Club
- EduKids, Inc.
Connecting Majors, Skills, and Occupations
- View learning outcomes associated with your major in the Georgia Southern Academic Catalog:
- Explore the connection between occupations and skills in O*Net:
- Use Handshake to upload your résumé and explore internships and jobs. For more information:
To explore values, interests, and skills:
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) – $18
Georgia Southern Student Organizations
- National Art Education Association- Armstrong Student Chapter
- Student Art League
- Include correct degree title –Bachelor of Science: Art Education
- Include either in the Education section or a separate certification section information about passing the GACE.
- Include field experiences and volunteer experience, especially anything working with children.
- Include technology skills such as Microsoft Office, Google Docs, etc.
- Include art projects, studio accomplishments, exhibits, etc.
- Education résumés can be 2 pages.
Last updated: 7/26/2022