How to Use Career Fair Plus
This semester, the STEM Virtual Career Fair and Eagle Expo Virtual Career Fair will be hosted on Career Fair Plus. This page has all the instructions a student would need to set up and use Career Fair Plus. Here are some important things to note:
- All conversations with employers will be by appointment. Plan ahead! Appointment slots are first come first served. The scheduling window opens 1-2 weeks before the event.
- You will need to create a candidate profile in Career Fair Plus to be able to schedule an appointment.
- Meetings with employers can be held by video or phone call. Make sure you have your cell phone handy in case the web connection has any issue.
1. SETTING UP
- Download the Career Fair Plus app to your phone by searching “Career Fair Plus” in the App Store or Google Play.
- Open the app, and search for Georgia Southern University.
2. CREATING AN ACCOUNT
You will need to build a complete profile that includes your résumé as well as other relevant information. Employers may assign appropriate representatives for your meeting based on your profile. See this video for reference.
3. SCHEDULING APPOINTMENTS WITH EMPLOYERS
All conversations with employers at the Virtual Career Fair will be by appointment slots, and it will be a first-come first-serve fashion. The scheduling window is open 1-2 weeks before the event.
After creating your account in Career Fair Plus, you can browse employers attending the event. As you browse the employers, schedule appointments to meet virtually with the employers that interest you.
- Tap on the employer you are would like to meet with and then tap ‘Virtual Appointments’ to see the schedules they have available
- Select the opportunity that interests you; employers may have multiple schedules for each opportunity
- Select a time that works for you, and hit ‘YES’ to book the appointment slot
If you are not signed in, you will be prompted to sign in. If you have not yet created an account, you must do so at this stage in order to schedule appointments.
You can now access and schedule meetings on the Web too: visit https://app.careerfairplus.com and find Georgia Southern University and then select the event accordingly. Here’s a quick video walk-through of the process!
GROUP MEETINGS VS 1-ON-1 MEETINGS
Always be sure to read each schedule description as each employer will provide further details on what each meeting may be for.
Schedule early! If there is an employer you want to meet with, don’t wait to schedule an appointment with them!
4. DAY BEFORE EVENT
Open the app, select the event and log into your account
- Best/Required browsers to utilize the platform: Chrome and Firefox
- Make sure you can access your virtual appointment schedule. See this video for reference.
- Check the meeting type listed under the schedule for each of your appointments. You can view this by clicking through to the schedule, and checking under the employer name.
5. ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT
You’re all set to go! On the day of the fair, follow these three simple steps:
- Log into the app, select the event, and sign into your account
- Access your virtual appointment schedule and meet with employers
- Use the app to help you track your appointments and make notes
Need assistance preparing for a career event? Schedule an appointment to meet with your Career Development Specialist or visit us virtually during Walk-In Hours which are held Monday-Friday from 1-4 p.m.
Last updated: 3/25/2021