What is Handshake?
Handshake combines the power and expertise of two professional associations, the National Association of Colleges and Employers and Direct Employers, with Purple Briefcase (a technology company specializing in software solutions).
Handshake is your on-line connection to Georgia Southern students and alumni seeking internships, co-op’s and full-time jobs. With Handshake you can:
- Post full-time jobs, internships, and co-op’s at Georgia Southern (FREE)
- Post full-time jobs, internships, and co-op’s at multiple schools through NACElink (Small Fee)
- Request interview schedules & information sessions
- Register for career fairs and events
- Receive customized resume books
- How to Register in Handshake
How to Register in Handshake
Follow the below directions to get started with Handshake. If you need more assistance please view an instruction sheet Here.
- Go to the Handshake employer log-in page
- Click the REGISTER tab (for a new account)
- If you already have an Handshake account click the FORGOT MY PASSWORD tab, enter your email address and your password will be reset and emailed to you.
- Fill out the form, please pay special attention to the required fields, marked with a red(*) star.
- Make sure you check all services you would like under Services Requested. If you want to register for and attend job fairs you must select the Career Fair check box.
- Click SUBMIT when finished (your application for access will be forwarded to our staff for review. The approval process may take up to 24 hours if submitted on a weekday, or up to 48 hours if submitted on a weekend. There may also be a delay during major holidays).
- After approval, you will receive an e-mail containing your user name and password as well as an employer link to the Handshake system.
Last updated: 6/22/2020