Step Into Statesboro
Community Engagement Tour – September 14, 2019
What is Step Into Statesboro?
Step Into Statesboro is an annual fall event designed to introduce new and returning students to the downtown Statesboro area, its history, and community service opportunities. The day begins with an introduction to your tour group and a brief overview of Statesboro history. You will then head to one of Statesboro’s historic parks to meet long time residents and hear real stories from our history! The day continues with a scavenger hunt of important sites in downtown Statesboro, and concludes with lunch and reflection at the Soup Kitchen. We want you to leave feeling excited about being a part of the Statesboro community!
Your tour will begin with an overview of the day, an introduction to Statesboro history, and then your group will depart from the Russell Union.
Step Into Statesboro lasts from 9am until 2pm. It is an action-packed day, so be sure to prepare!
- Bring a water bottle. Water bottles will NOT be provided.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Bring a snack in case you get hungry.
- Bring cash for the Farmer’s Market (kettle corn, baked goods, and popsicles are popular!).
- Bring any sun protection you might need – hats, sunscreen, and whatever else keeps you comfortable in the heat.
- You will need to be with us for the entire tour. We are not able to accommodate people arriving and leaving at different times.
Space is limited to the first 100 students to sign up!
For more information contact Leader@georgiasouthern.edu or 912-478-1435.
Bulloch County Residents and Community Partners, Please Join Us!
September: University & community members are welcome to join small tour groups of 8-10 students each. These groups will each have a student tour guide, but the voices of residents will add insights and perspectives that students simply do not have. General conversations about Statesboro, Bulloch County, and your words of welcome, are highly sought after! Email email@example.com to attend.
For more information contact Jordan Wilburn at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 912-478-1435.
Last updated: 7/23/2019