Solo® Cup Recycling– A Solo Cup Recycling Program
TerraCycle® and Solo Squared® have partnered to create Solo® Cup Recycling, a free recycling program for rigid, #6 plastic cups, and a fundraising opportunity for participants.
How It Works
1. Check out a Solo® Cup Recycling package created by the Center for Sustainability
This package includes
- Solo Cup brigade accepted waste posters to indicate what is allowed in your recycling container. These are for placement near or on the container.
- Recycling container for collection of the used #6 rigid plastic cups (solo cups)
- Plastic sleeves for empty, used and stacked cups
2. Sign the agreement form.
3. Collect #6 rigid plastic cups.
4. Once you have filled up your recycling container, take a photo and send it to Sustainability Programs. Then please stack the cups and place them into plastic sleeves provided by Sustainability Programs.
5. Lastly, please return the entire Solo Cup Recycling package to the Sustainability programs in the Office of Leadership and Community Engagement in the recycling container, including sleeves of used cups, posters, and leftover empty plastic sleeves in the recycling container.
What do you get out of this?
Not only will you be helping the environment, but the organization that has recycled the most Solo cups will be recognized at the annual Green Eagle Awards Ceremony on Earth Day.
If you would like to participate, please contact Sustainability Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org 912-478-5895
Below are the collection bins that will be provided by Sustainability Programs
Last updated: 10/21/2020