Not getting our weekly newsletter? Sign up Here.
Follow us @GSULeadServe
|You can connect and serve in our community through a variety of opportunities!|
Find the information you need below, or stop by Union 1056 (Statesboro) or MCC 207A (Armstrong)!
Fall Weekend & Winter Alternative Break Applications Open
Want to kick off your winter break with a meaningful and unforgettable week? Join us for a Winter Alternative Break! What is an Alternative Break (AB)? At the core, breakers join a team of 10-12 students and travel away from campus with the goal of engaging within a new community through education, service, and reflection. Our program operates with an issue first focus, meaning we keep our site locations quiet until Site Reveal each break cycle.
• PRICE: For application cycle, prices range from $25.00-$350.00 and the cost is all-inclusive (food, housing, and transportation). The opportunity to apply for need-based scholarship funding is available to all students.
• WHEN: Application will remain open until Friday, Oct. 18th. Check out the blurbs on our website to learn more about the community partners & social issues.
Volunteers will help with registration and passing out lanterns to participants. They will also work the activities and game booths. During the walk, we will ask volunteers to be along the route cheering on walkers and pumping them up.
• WHEN: Saturday, OCT. 12, 2019
• WHERE: The Bandshell at the RAC
• SHIFTS: Set Up (Noon-4pm), Event (5-9pm), Clean Up (9-11pm)
• CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
• MORE INFO: Contact Lauren Mathews at email@example.com or (912) 436-3274
Dinner tables will be set-up downtown where we can come together as community to talk and share a meal. Volunteers will help with registration, logistics, and facilitating group discussions.
• WHEN: Saturday, OCT. 12, 2019, Shifts available throughout the day
• WHERE: GSU City Campus, 58 E Main St. Statesboro, Georgia 30458
(in the red brick alleyway right next to City Campus)
• Click here to sign up for a spot!
Eagle Time Fall festival
The Eagle Time after-school program will be hosting their annual Fall Festival this year. We’re looking for volunteers to help run games, prize booths, and even judge the costume contest! This event has served 150+ people in the past, and is always a fun time!
• WHEN: Tuesday, October 15th from 5 PM – 7 PM. Please arrive between 4 – 4:30 PM to set up.
• WHERE: 124 S Main St, Statesboro, GA 30458
• Click Here! You must sign up through your GSU email.
• MORE INFO: Contact Ansley Braddock, firstname.lastname@example.org, 478-299-2043
Raise the Woof
This is an event to help raise money to provide necessary care to the animals the Humane Society takes in. The event needs volunteers to help set out the food and help distribute the silent auction winnings.
• WHEN: October 18, 2019, 6-10:30 p.m. but can come at 6 p.m. and leave whenever they want
• WHERE: Home Builder’s association by Mcalister’s Deli
• Contact Emma Johnson to Sign-up email@example.com, 678-979-6985
Stirrup Some Fun is a therapeutic horseback riding experience for physically or mentally challenged riders. Responsibilities include grooming horses, tacking, horses, gathering necessary supplies, and assisting riders on trail to ensure safety. NO HORSE EXPERIENCE NEEDED!
• WHEN: Held every Tuesday through OCT 22nd 4:30 – 7 p.m.
• WHERE: Fletcher Memorial Park
• To sign up, please contact El Dublin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Trick or Treat at Mill Creek
Trick or Treat at Mill Creek is our annual Halloween event that includes carnival games, candy trails, face painting, and more! Volunteers will be in charge of running these booths. Volunteers will be allowed to wear (kid friendly) costumes.
• WHEN: OCT 29th, 2019 10:00 a.m – 12:00 p.m. & 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• WHERE: Mill Creek
• To Sign-up please contact Kennisha Wilson, email@example.com
We can’t pull this race off without you! We need your smile and energy to help make our True Blue 5K and Abbie’s Adventure Race successful! If you’d like to be a part of one of the best races in Statesboro, but can’t actually participate, we’d love to have you cheer on our racers and help direct our foot traffic.
– America Minc Race Director
• WHEN: October 26th from 6am to 10am.
• Click here to sign up!
East Georgia Marching Band Competition 2019
This is one of the longest-running competitions in Georgia and will be a full day and night of spectacular musical and visual performances on the marching field. We need help in concessions, vendor booths, tickets, water stations and logistics, and offer several options for time slots and choices.
• When: 10/26/2019 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.; 2-8 p.m.; and 6-11 p.m.
• WHERE: Statesboro High School- Registration Table across from SHS stadium ticket booth (bus loop)
• Contact Debra Fallin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (912) 536-0737 CLICK HERE
Annual CASA Superhero 5K
First 20 volunteers will get a free t-shirt
Volunteers will help with setting up, can be cheerleaders on the course, will hand out water to runners/walkers, can paint faces, work the registration table, and help clean up.
• WHEN: OCT 26 Beginning at 6:30 am
• WHERE: 505 Magnolia Street Guyton, GA
• To sign up, click here
• MORE INFO: Contact Dr. April Schueths (912-478-2368)
We need volunteers to work as scare actors each night from October 24-Oct 31. We have two shifts per night 7:30-10pm and 9:30 to 12am. We have costumes, but you can use your own as well. All proceeds go to the Boys and Girls Club of Bulloch County.
• WHEN: October 24-October 31. 7:30 pm or 9:30 pm
• For question call 912-682-5015 or email email@example.com
Come out and help be apart of reviewing best practices and innovative strategies in maternal and child health.Meals & Parking is provided. Attire is black bottom and white top
• WHEN: OCT 28 – 29
• WHERE: Embassy Suite 605 West Oglethorpe Ave,
Savannah, GA 31401
• Shifts: 6:30 – 10:30am, 7 – 11am, 7:30 – 11:30am, 8:30am – 12:30pm, 9:30am – 1:30pm, 11am – 3pm, 1 – 5pm, 4 – 8pm
• To sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• MORE INFO: contact Mashanda Burton at email@example.com or 770-451-0020 ext 205
Botanic Garden fundraising plant sale!
Volunteers will help serve food and beverages,
carry plants for customers, and keep the plant sale tidy.
Various shifts and jobs – and free food! available.
WHERE: Heritage Pavilion, Botanic Garden, 1503 Bland Avenue
WHEN: Friday, Nov 1, 5-8PM; Saturday,
Nov 2, 9AM – 3PM; Sunday, Nov 3, 1PM – 5PM
CONTACT: Kathy Tucker, firstname.lastname@example.org, 478-1149, Botanic Garden at Georgia Southern University
Horsin’ Around has some very exciting news. We have been deeded some land for our program. It will be ours. But it is literally just land. We have a lot of work ahead of us to complete in a short period of time. We must be completely moved in by December 31, 2019. We work to improve the lives of our riders through activities on horseback. Please find us at www.horsinaround.org and check us out on Facebook. If you can help us in this exciting but BIG undertaking please let us know. Your help is greatly appreciated.
• MORE INFO: For additional information about volunteering or donations, please call (912)748-7917 or email email@example.com
The Statesboro Food Bank needs help replenishing their inventory! Please donate to help feed our friends and neighbors! Canned vegetables, canned fruit, pasta sides, and boxed meals like hamburger helper are especially needed.
The Office of Leadership & Community Engagement is collecting donations in Union 1056, and will deliver them on Friday.
Get involved with Serve912 trips!
Last updated: 10/11/2019