Not getting our weekly newsletter? Sign up Here.
Follow us @GSULeadServe
After School Program
Volunteer responsibilities include: Interact with children in after school setting–assisting with planned activities, field trips, games and more.
- SIGN UP WITH: Kennisha Wilson at email@example.com
- WHERE: Depends on the location of the school
- WHEN: FEBRUARY – MAY, Monday – Friday, 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. (you may choose your own shift)
Fit Kids Fest
Fit Kids Fest is a FREE Healthy Kids Day for the children in the Chatham County community. We have a need for volunteers to help with t-shirt painting, potato sack races, face painting, and doing games with the kids.
- SIGN UP WITH: Caroline Jackovich at firstname.lastname@example.org or (912)659-6704
- WHERE: WEST BROAD YMCA, 1110 MAY STREET SAVANNAH
- WHEN: FEBRUARY 29TH, 12:30 – 2:30; 2:30-4:30
- PLEASE NOTE: Parking is limited but is available. Wear comfortable clothes. There will be water and snacks.
Youth Sport Coach
Volunteer Responsibilities: Attend pre-season coaching clinic and rules meeting; Attend scheduled practices and games; Teach basic fundamentals of the game according to age group; Contact team regarding cancellations and/or schedule changes
- SIGN UP WITH: Kimberly Sharpe at email@example.com
- LOCATION: TBD
- WHEN: Begins March 1st, 2 – 3 days per week depending on the sport
Julia P. Bryant Elementary Spring Fling Festival
Whether you are participating in service for enjoyment, as a part of an organization requirement, or to just give back to others, we want to know about it! Your volunteer hours are a record of your dedication and commitment to meeting legitimate local and national community needs. Additionally, your service hours can assist the organization and the university, respectfully, in their quest for grant funding. We are looking for volunteers who can assist with set up, supervising games, bounce houses, silent auction, concession sales and other activities of our school’s annual Spring Fling! Dinner and beverages will be provided for volunteers who work from 5:00 – 9:00 PM. Volunteers can work in shifts or for the entire day. Time spent volunteering will count as community service. Whether you are participating in service for enjoyment, as a part of an organization requirement, or to just give back to others, we want to know about it! Your volunteer hours are a record of your dedication and commitment to meeting legitimate local and national community needs. Additionally, your service hours can assist the organization and the university, respectfully, in their quest for grant funding.
- CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
- WHERE: Julia P. Bryant Elementary School (Statesboro, GA)
- WHEN: MARCH 6TH, SHIFTS OR ENTIRE DAY FROM 11AM – 9PM
- CONTACT: Lydia Cross at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 912-478-8659
- PLEASE NOTE: Student volunteers will get an email from the PTO with directions on where to come, when, parking, etc.
Horseback Riding Program
Volunteer Responsibilities: Assist riders that are physically or mentally challenged. Assist with prepping horses and equipment. Need side walkers and leaders.
- SIGN UP WITH: El Dublin at email@example.com
- WHERE: Fletcher Park, Lakeview Road
- WHEN: Begins March 10th, every Tuesday – 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Botanic Garden Plant Sale
The Botanic Garden at Georgia Southern needs people who love the planet and love plants. Our plant sale connects people from around the region with flowers, shrubs, trees and more to help green their gardens and their lives. Help us water, carry plants, and assist customers while we raise funds for the Garden. Everyone is welcome!
- CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
- WHERE: Plant sale check out tent by Heritage Pavilion.
- WHEN: Friday 3/27 5PM-8PM; Saturday 3/28 9 am-12PM and 12PM-3PM; Sunday 3/29 1:30PM-4:30PM
- CONTACT: Kathy Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org, (912) 478-1149
- PLEASE NOTE: Attire info is in SignUp, free snacks!
Mill Creek Elementary Spring Carnival
The Spring Carnival needs volunteers to help run games and make crafts in a fun and lively carnival setting with elementary children and their families
- WHERE: Mill Creek Elementary School 239 Beasley Rd, Statesboro, GA 30461
- WHEN: Friday, March 27. From 6:45-8pm
- VOLUNTEER: Abby Thompson at email@example.com or (256) 585-0665
Invest in Your Community!
The You Are Not Alone Support Group is looking for volunteers in general to join our group from various majors like criminal justice, social work, education, etc. All majors are acceptable since we can utilize the student in areas that they fit best. Our group tutors the youth and has meetings on a weekly basis. We help in the community with missing persons cases, unsolved murder cases, and folks in need as well as do events for the youth. Even your hobbies such as crocheting, sports, photography, carpentry, floral arrangement, singing, etc. can be beneficial to our group. We need YOUR HELP and will use the volunteers where they fit best in our mission. The volunteers would get good hands-on experience in their major fields of study by assisting us. All majors and hobbies could be handy. Things like baking, crafts, coaching, you name it.
- WHERE: Notified Via Email
- WHEN: Ongoing, flexible
- VOLUNTEER: Contact Charlene Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (912)515-8798
Teach Children Basic Piano Lessons!
Our group needs volunteers to help the youth learn the basic skills of playing the piano or keyboard.
- WHERE: Notified Via Email
- WHEN: Ongoing, varied schedules
- VOLUNTEER: Contact Charlene Brady or Kevin Brady at email@example.com or call (912) 515-8798 / (912) 678-7818
Get involved with Serve912 trips!
Last updated: 2/17/2020