2017-2018 Renewal Season is Open!
Student Organization Renewal Process:
1. Attend one renewal workshop.* Each organization must send 2 leaders: The incoming President and another student organization officer.
Fall 2017 Make Up Workshop: To Be Announced
2. Complete the online renewal form via MyInvolvement. To check your organization’s WINGS points, please click here.
3. Complete the President’s Agreement and Post-Test
4. Complete the Primary Advisor Agreement and Post-Test
Priority Registration Deadline: Sunday May 7 ,2017 If all registration items are completed, your organization earns 3 extra credit Wings points and an invitation to participate in the First Night Out student organization fair during SOAR.
August 1, 2017: If all registration items are completed, your organization will be invited to participate in the Fall 2017 Student Organization Fair on Wednesday August 23, 2017.
Final Deadline: Sunday, August 20, 2017 All registration items must be submitted by this final deadline or you will not be active for the Fall semester!
Please refer to the information below to answer any questions you may have about the renewal process.
Question: Who can renew my organization?
Answer: The Office of Student Activities recommends that the new 2017-2018 student president and the outgoing 2016-2017 student president complete the process together. The only student who can access the renewal form is the Primary Contact listed on your organization’s home page. For information about how to change your Primary Contact please the Resource section of our website.
Question: How do I renew my organization’s registration?
Answer: Follow these steps below…
1. Log in to your MyInvolvement.
2. Go to your organization’s site. Currently Frozen Organizations can not be found in the Organization Directory. You must access them through your Involvement menu.
- Login to your MyInvolvement (via MyGeorgiaSouthern)
- Locate the the drop down menu next to your name in the top right hand corner
- Click on “Involvement” and then select “Memberships” from the grey horizontal menu bar and Select the Organization you wish to view.
** A BLUE Register button will display during the appropriate time period toward the top of the middle section of the Home page for your organization. **
3. Click “Register”.
4. Follow the steps, updating any information as needed.
5. Click “Next” at the bottom of each page to continue to the next step.
6. You will have the opportunity to review each step prior to submitting the completed registration.
7. Click the link associated with each step to review and update the information.
8. Click “Submit for Approval” when all information has been included.
Question: What steps should I expect when completing the online renewal process?
The renewal application online is comprised of 8 steps which are listed below. It should take you anywhere from 15-20 minutes to complete the process.
- Organization Profile – This is where you can make edits to your organization’s public profile.
- Organization Profile Picture – Upload your organization’s logo to show off your pride!
- Organization Roster – You will be asked to identify your current/incoming President, Treasurer, two other student officers and your Primary Advisor.
- Constitution Upload – Upload your organization’s current/updated constitution, be sure it meets OSA’s constitution guidelines.
- Organization Interests – Select what interests your organization has a focus on, this allows students to search for your organization based on a common interest.
- Organization Classification– Select what classification from the provided list, that best describes your organization.
- Additional Information – Answer some quick questions about your organization so we know which Category to put your org. in for the next year.
- Year In Review – Answer some more questions about your organization that help us develop better resources for all organizations!
Question: What happens after I submit my organization’s renewal on MyInvolvement?
Answer: Once you submit the online renewal form, the Office of Student Activities will begin processing your submission within 7-10 business days. Once we read your submission and, if all the information is accurate and in good order, the following steps will occur:
- We will send out the “President Agreement and Post Test” form to the President listed on your submission.
- We will send out the link for the Advisor Training to the Primary Advisor listed on the organization’s registration. This link will also lead the Primary Advisor to the “Primary Advisor Agreement & Post-Test” form.
Once these forms are completed/submitted, we will finalize your organization’s registration process and inform the individual who submitted the registration of the approval, or if needed, any additional requests for information.
Question: How do I resubmit my organization’s denied renewal submission?
Answer: Most denied renewal submissions are due to a constitution error (not having an anti-hazing clause, not including a non-discrimination clause, etc…). Additionally, we try to make sure that all denied submissions are followed by an email (to the submitter) explaining why the denial has occurred and with instructions on how to remedy the issue. However, below are some quick steps to resubmit your submission once it has been corrected/updated.
- Login to your MyInvolvement (via MyGeorgiaSouthern)
- Locate the “My Involvement” menu at the top of the main page (located next to your name)
- Click on the “My Involvement” menu and select “Submissions”
- Locate and click on the “Organization Registrations” tab
- Use the drop down menu for “Filter by Status” to select “Denied”
- Once you find the denied submission, click on the magnifying glass icon to the right
- Locate the “Upload Constitution – Bylaws” page of the application and click on the link
- You will be able to upload a new constitution and re-submit your registration
Last updated: 5/19/2017