2018-2019 Renewals are Right Around the Corner!
Student Organization Renewal Process:
1. Attend one renewal workshop.
The annual renewal workshop provides information to incoming presidents related to managing a student organization. Information includes policies, procedures and available resources for student organizations. *Each organization must send 2 leaders: The incoming President, another student organization officer. It is highly encouraged that the Primary Advisor attends a renewal workshop as well. (Advisors will receive 2 Wings points for their organization for attending.)
Statesboro Campus Workshops
Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 4:00 pm | Williams Center Multipurpose Room
Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 4:30 pm | Russell Union Theater
Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 5:30 pm | Williams Center Multipurpose Room
Friday, April 20, 2018 at 3:30 pm | Russell Union Theater
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 6:00 pm | Russell Union Theater
Savannah Campus Workshops
Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 12:00 pm | Ogeechee Theater
Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 3:00 pm | University Hall 158
Monday, April 16, 2018 at 4:00 pm | Ogeechee Theater
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 7:00 pm | Ogeechee Theater
Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 11:00 am | Ogeechee Theater
2. Complete the online renewal form via MyInvolvement.
The MyInvolvement Renewal Application provides the Office of Student Activities with information regarding new officers, advisors and members of an organization as well as providing a summary of the organization’s past year.
3. Complete the President’s Agreement and Post-Test and Primary Advisor Agreement and Post-Test.
The incoming President and Primary Advisor will need to complete agreement forms and post-tests to ensure they understand the policies and procedures. These forms will be emailed once an organization has successfully completed the MyInvolvement Renewal Application. Presidents and Advisors must make an 80% or higher on their post-tests to be approved.
*Advisors who serve as Primary Advisors for multiple organizations will only need to complete one form, but MUST list all organizations they serve as Primary Advisors.
Priority Registration Deadline: May 7, 2018 If all registration items are completed, your organization earns:
- Eligibility to participate in First Night Out during the 2018 summer SOAR sessions
- Eligibility to participate in 2018 Fall Student Organization Fair
- WINGS points for completion
August 1, 2018: If all registration items are completed by this deadline, your organization earns:
- Eligibility to participate in 2018 Fall Student Organization Fair
Final Deadline: August 31, 2018 All registration items must be submitted by this final deadline or you will not be active for the fall semester!
Please refer to the information below to answer any questions you may have about the renewal process.
Question: Who can renew my organization?
Answer: The Office of Student Activities recommends that the new 2018-2019 student president and the outgoing 2017-2018 student president complete the process together. The only student who can access the renewal form is the Primary Contact listed on your organization’s home page. For information about how to change your Primary Contact please visit the Resource section of our website.
Question: How do I renew my organization’s registration?
Answer: Follow these steps below…
1. Log in to your MyInvolvement.
2. From your homepage, scroll to your Memberships, and click on the organization you wish to renew.
3. Once on your organization homepage, click “Manage Organization” in the top right corner.
4. Then, if you are the Primary Contact, click the blue button that says “Re-Register This Organization” to begin the registration process.
6. Click “Next” at the bottom of each page to continue to the next step.
7. You will have the opportunity to review each step prior to submitting the completed registration.
8. Click the link associated with each step to review and update the information.
9. Click “Submit for Approval” when all information has been included.
Question: What steps should I expect when completing the online renewal process?
The renewal application online is comprised of 8 steps which are listed below. It should take you anywhere from 15-20 minutes to complete the process.
- Organization Profile – This is where you can make edits to your organization’s public profile.
- Organization Profile Picture – Upload your organization’s logo to show off your pride!
- Organization Roster – You will be asked to identify your current/incoming President, Treasurer, two other student officers and your Primary Advisor.
- Constitution Upload – Upload your organization’s current/updated constitution, be sure it meets OSA’s constitution guidelines.
- Organization Interests – Select what interests your organization has a focus on, this allows students to search for your organization based on a common interest.
- Organization Category– Select what classification from the provided list, that best describes your organization.
- Additional Information – Answer some quick questions about your organization so we know which Category to put your org. in for the next year.
- Year In Review – Answer some more questions about your organization that help us develop better resources for all organizations!
Question: What happens after I submit my organization’s renewal on MyInvolvement?
Answer: Once you submit the online renewal form, the Office of Student Activities will begin processing your submission within 7-10 business days. Once we read your submission and, if all the information is accurate and in good order, the following steps will occur:
- We will send out the “President Agreement and Post Test” form to the President listed on your submission.
- We will send out the link for the Advisor Training to the Primary Advisor listed on the organization’s registration. This link will also lead the Primary Advisor to the “Primary Advisor Agreement & Post-Test” form.
Once these forms are completed/submitted, we will finalize your organization’s registration process and inform the individual who submitted the registration of the approval, or if needed, any additional requests for information.
Question: How do I resubmit my organization’s denied renewal submission?
Answer: Most denied renewal submissions are due to a constitution error (not having an anti-hazing clause, not including a non-discrimination clause, etc…). You will receive a notification email from MyInvolvement if your application is denied, explaining why the denial has occurred and with instructions on how to remedy the issue. However, below are some quick steps to resubmit your submission once it has been corrected/updated.
- Login to your MyInvolvement (via MyGeorgiaSouthern)
- Locate your photo or initials in the top right hand corner and click on it
- Select“Submissions” from the menu
- Locate and click on the “Organization Registrations” tab
- Use the drop down menu for “Filter by Status” to select “Denied”
- Once you find the denied submission, click on the eye icon to the right
- Locate the “Upload Constitution – Bylaws” page of the application and click on the link
- You will be able to upload a new constitution and then go to the final page and click the re-submit button.
Last updated: 4/5/2018