The Talon Experience
The Talon Experience is a comprehensive learning experience for students holding a leadership position in a registered student organization. Each semester student organization leaders are invited to participate in rotating leadership topics that will help them better understand their own style and how to use what they learned in their organization and in the real world.
Save the Date!
This year, the Talon Leadership Experience will be supplemented by the Southern Collegiate Leadership Conference (SCLC) held by the Office of Leadership and Community Engagement on Saturday, September 30, 2017.
The Office of Student Activities will be covering registration cost for a maximum of 2 student leaders per active student organization up to a maximum of 100 students total. Please read the following directions and instructions for registering through the Office of Student Activities for SCLC.
Rules and Policies
- Only 2 members per active organization may register.
- Members must hold a leadership position within the organization and have it reflected on MyInvolvment.
- Registration will be granted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Students may only register for one organization for WINGS points.
- Deadline to apply with OSA is Monday, September 25 at 5 PM.
- Students who are approved through OSA registration must attend SCLC. Failure to attend will result in your student organization being charged for no-show at the conference as well as the deduction of 2 WINGS points.
- Should the link bring you to your MyGeorgiaSouthern login, please login and go to MyInvolvment to access the link.
Once you have registered, you will receive a notification approving your registration or denying your registration as confirmation if you will be covered through OSA or not.
Each student member that attends SCLC (whether covered through OSA or registered on their representing a student organization) will receive 6 WINGS points up to a max of 4 students per organization with a max of 24 points per organization.
We encourage students who miss the cutoff with OSA to apply for SCLC on their own, or with other members of their organizations. The number of students who can attend SCLC is not limited. For more information on SCLC, please visit: http://students.georgiasouthern.edu/LeadServe/conferences/sclc/
Last updated: 9/20/2017