2018 Miss GSU Pageant
Miss Georgia Southern University 2017
Miss Georgia Southern University Scholarship Pageant
Date: Spring 2018 (TBD)
Miss Georgia Southern University Scholarship Pageant is the longest standing preliminary pageant to Miss Georgia in the entire state! Once crowned, the winner could go on to become Miss America! Miss Georgia Southern University represents the student body, attends traditional and community events both on an off campus. Anyone that is interested in participating, must attend at least one information session (no exceptions) and submit an application.
Note: Eligibility requirements are set by the Miss America Organization and the Office of Student Activities and are not flexible.
- Must be currently enrolled in at least 12 or more hours credit hours and physically attending classes at Georgia Southern University.
- Must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Must have completed at least one semester as a full-time student at Georgia Southern University by date of pageant.
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the university.
- Must attend Miss Georgia Forum Weekend, if crowned Miss Georgia Southern University.
- Must not turn 25 years old during the year of service.
- Must be a U.S. citizen (as required by the Miss America Organization).
- Must be a female (gender).
- Must not currently be (or have ever been married or had a marriage annulled).
- Must not be a parent or the adoptive parent of a child nor plan to become one during her year of service.
- Must not be pregnant nor intend to become pregnant during her year of service.
- Must not have been charged with multiple minor or petty offenses in the last twenty-four months.
- Must not have ever been convicted of any criminal offenses and not have any pending criminal charges presently pending.
- Must attend at least one information session.
- Complete application, contract, etc. and submit to the Office of Student Activities on or before the published deadline.
Contestants must meet all requirements to be eligible.
Note: In the event of there being more than 18 applicants that meet the above criteria, there will be an additional cut interview by a panel of judges prior to any practices being held, to determine the final 18 contestants that will compete. Contestants should not make any binding commitments or purchases prior to officially being notified of pageant participation approval, by the Office of Student Activities.
If you have any questions regarding your participation, please contact the University Programming Board at UPB@georgiasouthern.edu or by phone at (912) 478-2603 prior to submitting the registration form and/or fees.
Note: Please review all dates and check them against your schedule prior to submitting the registration form and/or fees. Exceptions will only be made for emergencies and/or academic conflicts.
Last updated: 1/27/2017