Georj Lewis Scholarship
*Applications for the 2017 are now closed.*
Conditions of the Scholarship
- The scholarship is a leadership scholarship in honor of former Dean Georj Lewis’ service at Georgia Southern University.
- Only extra-curricular activities participated at Georgia Southern University will be considered.
- Applicants/recipients must be enrolled at Georgia Southern University for the entire academic year in which the awards are distributed.
- The scholarship is open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Recipients of the scholarship will be decided by a selection committee chaired by SGA’s VP of Academic Affairs.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded to a student more than once.
Criteria for Selection
- Students must have attended Georgia Southern University for at least one semester (Fall or Spring).
- Applicants for the scholarship must have earned at least a 2.75 on a 4.0 scale while attending Georgia Southern University.
- Applicants must complete a 300 word essay on the prompt: “Describe your most meaningful impact or change on Georgia Southern University.”
- Applicants may be either undergraduate or graduate students provided that the applicant pays student activity fees. The scholarship is available to students of all genders and ethnicities.
- Applicants must have 2 individuals (preferably Professor, Advisor, or other Professional Staff Member) submit a letter of recommendation by 11:59 p.m., March 1, 2017. Letters of recommendation must be submitted with MyScholarship Application.
|Application Due Date||Award Amount|
How to Access Georj Lewis Scholarship:
If the above link does not work, here are the steps to reach the form manually:
- Log into my.georgiasouthern.edu
- Click on MyScholarships under Financial Resources tab.
- Complete General Application and Current Student Application
- Apply for Georj Lewis Scholarship.
Last updated: 4/16/2018