John F. Nolen Scholarship
Congratulations to this year’s John F. Nolen Scholarship Recipients!
*Applications for the 2015-2016 are now closed.*
Conditions of the Scholarship
- The scholarship is based on academic performance and involvement in co-curricular activities at Georgia Southern University.
- Only extra-curricular activities participated at Georgia Southern University will be considered.
- Applicants/recipients must be enrolled at Georgia Southern University for the entire academic year in which the awards are distributed.
- The scholarship is for undergraduate students only.
- Recipients of the scholarship will be decided by a selection committee chaired by SGA’s VP of Academic Affairs.
Criteria for Selection
- Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors are eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants for the scholarship must have earned at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale while attending Georgia Southern University.
- Applicants must have enrolled at Georgia Southern University for 2 consecutive semesters and have passed a minimum of 24 credit hours during the said semester hours.
- Applicants must have 2 individuals (preferably Professor, Advisor, or other Professional Staff Member) submit a letter of recommendation by 5 p.m., March 1, 2016. They should be turned in to the SGA Office in Russell Union 1010, or emailed as a PDF file to the SGA VP of Academic Affairs, Errol Spence, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters of recommendation submitted to the SGA Office must be sealed in an envelope and signed over the seal by the recommender.
- A Leadership Resume is required and should be turned in to the SGA Office in Russell Union 1010, or emailed as a PDF file to the SGA VP of Academic Affairs, Errol Spence, at email@example.com.
- Each candidate’s academic and disciplinary records will be reviewed. Therefore, each candidate must sign for a record release.
|Application Due Date
||Must be logged onto your MyInvolvement profile for link
How to Access the John F. Nolen Scholarship Application:
- Log into my.georgiasouthern.edu
- Click on MyInvolvement under Campus Life.
- Search for Student Government Association using the search tool in the upper-right corner.
- Click on the Forms tab.
- Select the Scholarship Application-Georj Lewis link to fill out the form.
Last updated: 9/7/2016