Student FAQs

Where are you located?

We are located on the second floor of Cone Hall.

Do you test for AD/HD?

Our office does not perform the evaluations.  However, students who would like to have a full, psychoeducational evaluation will meet with one of our professional staff members to facilitate that process.

What do you have to offer people with disabilities?

Our office is responsible for assisting students in the implementation of accommodations for which they are eligible.  We ensure that students with conditions affecting their access to academics, classrooms, buildings, housing, or any other aspect of campus life have equal opportunity to participate as any other student.  This is achieved through a variety of services.  Please review our web site to find out more about specific services offered by the SDRC.

What do I have to do to get accommodations if I have a disability?

In order to receive services, you need to voluntarily declare that you have a disability by filling out an online form HERE.  Then, provide documentation of the disability. You can review the Board of Regents standards HERE.

If I need a refrigerator in my room for medication, what do I do?

Have your doctor/specialist fill out the Housing form located HERE. This form is not an online form. It should be printed, fill out by the treatment provider and returned as noted on the form.

What types of disabilities do you honor?

We provide services for students with a variety of conditions that affect their daily college life.  If you’re not sure that you have a disability, please contact one of our professional staff members for a consultation.

How much will it cost for me to be tested?

There are several ways that a student can receive a full, psychoeducational evaluation.  If you would like to be tested, please contact one of our professional staff members who will guide you through that process.

Can I get my medication from you?

The Student Disability Resource Center does not include any type of service related to medication.  Please contact one of our professional staff members who will refer you to appropriate on- or off-campus resources.

Do I have to have an appointment?

The Student Disability Resource Center has walk-in appointments every Wednesday between 8:30 and 11:30 am.  Students will be seen on a first come, first served basis and there is no need for an appointment.  A student who wishes to meet with a staff member at any other time will need to call in advance and make an appointment.

Do you offer tutoring?

Our office does not offer specific tutoring.  The Academic Success Center, which is located near our office on the second floor of Cone Hall, offers a variety of tutoring and workshop services.  However, our professional staff members are available to meet with students individually to help ensure their specific needs/goals are being addressed.

Do I need paperwork from my doctor stating that I have a disability?

(Here) is a link to the Board of Regents standards for documentation of disabilities.  In many cases, documentation from a licensed professional is needed.  Please contact our office to set up a first visit if you have further questions.

What do I need to bring to my first visit?

In most cases, bringing a copy of your most recent documentation from a licensed professional to your first visit will be helpful.  However, please make an appointment to meet with our disability service providers if you need assistance.

Last updated: 12/18/2012

Student Disability Resource Center • PO Box 8037 • (912) 478-1566 •