Fee Waivers for Guard, Active and Separated Military
- Recently Separated Military Waiver – This waiver only needs to be turned in during the admissions process.
- Military Out of State Waiver –
- Combat Service Fee Waiver –
- Guard and Reserve Waiver –
- Active Institutional Fee Waiver –
*These policies can be attributed to Board of Regents Manual 126.96.36.199** All waivers for students should be forwarded to Kevin Chambers at the Office of Admissions prior to admission, firstname.lastname@example.org. Students needing to turn in renewed waivers should submit them to the VA Certifying officials office at email@example.com
**Policy from the manual can be found below.
- Active duty military personnel, their spouses, and their dependent children who meet one of the following:
A. The military sponsor is currently stationed in or assigned to Georgia; or,
B. military sponsor previously stationed in or assigned to Georgia is reassigned outside of Georgia, and the student(s) remain(s) continuously enrolled in a Georgia high school, Technical College System of Georgia institution, and/or a University System of Georgia institution; or,
C. The military sponsor is reassigned outside of Georgia and the spouse and dependent children remain in Georgia; or,
D. The military sponsor is stationed in a state contiguous to the Georgia border and reside in Georgia; or
E. Dependent children of a military sponsor, previously stationed in or assigned to Georgia within the previous five years, and/or the child completed at least one year of high school in Georgia; or,
F. Any student utilizing VA educational benefits transferred from a currently serving military member is also eligible.
- Active members of the Georgia National Guard stationed or assigned to Georgia or active members of a unit of the U.S. Military Reserves based in Georgia, and their spouses and their dependent children.
- Separated military members from a uniformed military service of the United States who meet one of the following:
A. Individuals who within thirty-six (36) months of separation from such service, enroll in an academic program and demonstrate intent to become domiciled in Georgia. This waiver may also be granted to their spouses and dependent children.
B. Any separated service member or any student utilizing transferred VA educational benefits, and physically residing in the state, who enrolls within one hundred-twenty (120) months of separation is also eligible.
Last updated: 12/6/2016