Phi Mu was founded in 1852 at Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia by Mary Ann (Dupont) Lines, Mary Elizabeth (Myrick) Daniel and Martha Bibb (Hardaway) Redding. It began as the Philomathean Society, a literary society, and is the second oldest secret society for women in the nation. The Philomathean Society became Phi Mu Fraternity in 1904.
“Les Soeurs Fideles,” or, “The Faithful Sisters”
- Mascot: The Lion
- Flower: Rose Carnation
- Symbol: The Quatrefoil
- Colors: Rose and White
Phi Mu is the only sorority to be a corporate sponsor of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (CMNH). Supporting 170 Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals nationwide, Phi Mu has raised over $8.5 million since 1986, improving the quality of life for children everywhere.
They hold many events throughout the year so that each pledge class can bond and form friendships that will last forever! Some sisterhood activities include chapter dinners, movie nights, ice cream socials, beach trips etc. They have fun “get togethers” between the newest pledge class and all other pledge classes so that sisters of all ages can bond and get to know each other. Each semester they enjoy a Sisterhood Retreat, where all sisters are able to take a trip and spend time together. There are always opportunities for our chapter to have fun together. Phi Mu is full of sisterhood, and they are always looking for ways to help it grow!
Phi Mu is on both Statesboro and Armstrong Campuses
Last updated: 11/15/2017