Phi Iota Alpha
“Our brotherhood is composed of university and professional men committed towards the empowerment of the Latin American community. We do this by providing social, cultural programs and activities geared towards the appreciation, promotion, and preservation of Latin American culture.”
- To develop leaders and create innovative ways to unite the Latino Community.
- Promotion of personal, community, and Pan-American development through the ideals of Bolivar and Marti as well as other Pan-American intellectuals and their philosophies;
- Creation of a Latin American consciousness;
- Intensification of education with a Latin American character;
- Economic and social mobilization of Latin American communities globally;
- Intensification of contact between Pan-American Countries with the intention of forming a unified network of professional and economic contacts in order to ultimately achieve the unification of Latin America;
- Conservation of the integrity of the Latin American character.
- Rejection of war and violence as a means to achieving “La Unión De La Patria Latino Americana.”
Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity believes that the Latin American community here in the United States and in the Latin American countries are in need of new sources of intellectual capital to identify, address and solve the difficult challenges they face. Therefore, it is dedicated to developing in its members an awareness of the common values and traditions of the nations of Latin America and to preparing them to become active participants in the process of advancing the social and economic conditions of all Latin Americans.
Phi Iota Alpha is on both Statesboro and Armstrong Campuses.
Last updated: 11/15/2017