Benefits of Membership
The Fraternity and Sorority community is a growing and viable element on Georgia Southern’s campus today with 37 chapters recognized by the University. Approximately 14 percent of all undergraduate students are members of the Greek community, which is over 2,300 students.
There are many benefits to being a member of a fraternity or a sorority. Below is a list of how membership can shape your college experience to being more than the average.
- Offers a home-away-from-home environment
- Enhances education that happens in and out of the classroom and in the classroom, Georgia Southern Greeks have higher GPA’s than non-affiliated students
- Allows for opportunities to give back, help others and serve the community through service and philanthropy
- Provides leadership activities and experiences that aren’t available to non-affiliated students
- Increases your involvement on campus
- Gives members an advantage of networking with alumni
- Develop lifelong friendships, memories, and a strong sense of accomplishment
- Allows you to be a part of something greater than yourself
Last updated: 7/24/2015