Zeta Tau Alpha
On Oct. 15, 1898, nine young friends at Virginia State Female Normal School formalized their friendship by forming Zeta Tau Alpha. The Zeta Xi Chapter at Georgia Southern University was established on April 27, 1968 in Statesboro, Georgia. Since then, the chapter has grown to be one of the most well know organizations on campus!
- Symbol: The Crown
- Flower: The White Violet
- Colors: Turquoise Blue, and Steel Grey
Awards and Recognition:
- 5 Star Chapter Award (2016)
- Outstanding Civic Engagement (2016)
- Outstanding Sisterhood (2016)
- Outstanding Leadership (2016)
- Crown Chapter Award (2017)
The Zeta Tau Alpha Foundation fulfills the founding principles of our Fraternity by providing support for programs that are educational, philanthropic and leadership-oriented. Zeta Tau Alpha’s National Philanthropy is Breast Cancer Education and Awareness. Last year the Zeta Xi chapter raised over $50,000 from Strawberry Sales and Big Man on Campus tickets.
Sisterhood Activities and Services that Zeta Xi have been a part of:
- Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze
- Paint War
- Tybee Island Beach Trips
- Robin’s Nest Pool time
- Savannah Ghost Tour
- Tye-Dye T-Shirts
- Christmas Cookie and Ornament Decorating
- Pajama Movie Nights
- Prom for Senior Citizens
- Volunteer to run concessions at Bulloch Academy
- Letters and Care Packages sent for the Troops and local Firefighters
- Thanksgiving dinner at the house
- Parents Weekend
- Awesome Abs and Cardio Dance Workout classes at the house
- Steak Dinners
- Pottery Night
- Pool/ Water Parks
- Brave’s Baseball Games
- Hilton Head Beach Trips
- Galentines Day Celebration
- Sisterhood retreat at Splash in the Boro
- Donated countless items to Backpack buddies
- Donated to Statesboro food bank
A Letter From the President:
As you begin your college career here at Georgia Southern University, I strongly encourage you to go one step further and participate in Formal Recruitment. Going Greek is the opportunity of a lifetime. It is a support system unlike any other and Zeta Tau Alpha’s strong sisterhood is proof of that. Our organization has provided young women with confidence and compassion for others now and in their futures. ZTA has become my home away from home, and I cannot imagine my Georgia Southern years without it. I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors!
Visit our website here.
View our gallery here.
Last updated: 9/29/2017