National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
Thank you for your interest in the National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) fraternities and sororities at Georgia Southern University! Each National Pan-Hellenic Council fraternity and sorority brings in new members at various times of the year through a process called Membership Intake. All seven organizations are governed by the National Pan- Hellenic Council have different requirements for membership. When organizations are looking to host Membership Intake, many of them will have an informational meeting in which the criteria and requirements for membership are explained. The NPHC will typically host a general informational for prospective students to address and answer all questions about the organizations and what membership means.
A student must obtain a collegiate GPA of 2.50 or higher based on 12 or more credits, community service experience, and involvement in clubs or community activities. Each NPHC organization has its own requirements set by their inter/national organization and the Georgia Southern chapter that maybe higher than that listed above. Some NPHC organizations offer membership to students of freshman status (less than 24 hours of completed college work).
In addition to a GPA minimum requirement, in order to join an NPHC organization at Georgia Southern University you must attend a NPHC 101 event within one academic year prior to starting the intake process.
Here are some additional pieces of information regarding membership in an NPHC organization:
- East Georgia students are not eligible to join fraternities and sororities.
- Students enrolled in the Georgia Tech program at Georgia Southern are eligible to join fraternities and sororities.
- Grade requirements and hours are verified through the university.
- Letters of recommendation from alumni/ae are not usually required.
- Organizations can conduct intake each semester, skip semesters, or conduct one every other year. It is the decision of the individual organizations when to conduct intake.
- When Intake is conducted, the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Relations is notified before the process begins.
Connect with the NPHC
For more information in general or about a specific organization, leave your information on this form.
Do you have any questions, please email us email@example.com
Follow @GASouthern_NPHC on Twitter and on Instgram at @GSU_NPHC.
Last updated: 11/6/2017