Interfraternity Council (IFC)
Thanks for your interest in joining an Interfraternity Council (IFC) fraternity at Georgia Southern University! Fraternities within the Interfraternity Council at Georgia Southern University have a formal one week recruitment process as well as an informal, year-round recruitment which allows men to join organizations at any point throughout their experience at Georgia Southern.
IFC Formal Recruitment Events
IFC Formal Recruitment is now closed for the Fall 2017 Semester. Please check back for more information regarding Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 recruitment information. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to stop by or call the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life.
The GPA to register for recruitment is a 2.75 or higher high school GPA, as calculated by the Georgia Southern University Office of Admissions. This GPA is based on the Required High School Curriculum. This is NOT the final high school GPA listed on your transcript or your HOPE GPA. Before registering for recruitment, you can check your GPA using your online Admissions Status Check Page.
Current students with an established GPA may register for Primary Recruitment during their undergraduate collegiate career with a Georgia Southern GPA of 2.50 or higher based on at least 12 or more credits. Transfer students with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher based on at least 12 or more credits may also register for Primary Recruitment. As you’re looking at your membership options, please keep in mind that some chapters may have higher GPA requirement for membership.
Green Zone = Your options are not likely limited based on your GPA. (3.0 + )
Yellow Zone = Your options are more likely to be limited by your GPA. (2.8 – 2.99)
Red Zone = Your options are very likely to be limited based on GPA. (2.79 and below)
Below are some additional pieces of information regarding membership in an IFC organization:
- East Georgia students are not eligible to join fraternities.
- Students enrolled in the Georgia Tech program at Georgia Southern are eligible to join fraternities.
- Grade requirements and hours are verified through the University.
- Letters of recommendation from alumni are not usually required.
- Organizations can recruit members each semester, skip semesters, or participate once every other year. It is the decision of the individual fraternity when to accept members.
- Dual-enrollment students are not eligible to join fraternities or sororities
Fraternities on Campus:
Connect with IFC
Do you have questions? Please email email@example.com
If you’re interested in seeing what IFC is up to, follow us on Twitter @GSUIFC, like us on facebook, and visit our website.
Last updated: 1/12/2018