Alpha Sigma Tau
The Alpha Sigma Tau Sorority was founded on November 4, 1899, at what was then Michigan State Normal College, a teachers college in Ypsilanti. For more than 117 years, Alpha Sigma Tau has empowered women to excel in life. The Sorority invests in women by instilling the skills necessary to navigate life, and inspires members to enrich their own lives and the lives of others.
Invest in women by instilling the skills necessary to navigate life, and inspire members to enrich their own lives and the lives of others.
Alpha Sigma Tau empowers women to excel in life.
- Intellect – The pursuit and cultivation of knowledge, wisdom, and culture.
- Excellence – Always seek to perform at the highest level; have a disdain for mediocrity;
create and take advantage of opportunities to excel.
- Graciousness – Embody kindness, generosity of spirit, charm, tact, courtesy, and
authenticity in all we do.
- Respect – The highest level of esteem for the worth of ourselves, Sisters, Ritual, and
- Connections – Build and maintain meaningful, sincere, and lasting relationships with
our Sisters, our alma mater, and our community.
Facts and Symbols
- Colors: Emerald Green and Gold
- Symbols: Anchor
- Jewel: White Pearl
- Flower: Yellow Rose
Visit our chapter website here.
Last updated: 11/15/2017